Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?

Article about: Ok, moving down a shelf now we have my first purchase of my second round of collecting in the 2000's. I wanted "a decalled helmet for under \\$300" ...... and this is what I got. I b

Default Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?

Ok, moving down a shelf now we have my first purchase of my second round of collecting in the 2000's.
    I wanted "a decalled helmet for under $300" ...... and this is what I got.

I bought this thinking it was a KM ( and if you look at the decal you will see the gold I saw ..... although it IS more sparkly in sunlight ) and for some years I hung to that thinking. BUT, when I got Brian Ice's book I realised that the lot number T1243 ( or 8) puts it in a grouping of other SD Heer helmets - and by this time Quist had stopped doing KM helmets ...... bah!

Still for what is a toned Heer it is certainly GOLDY coloured to my eyes!

The liner has had some hungry vermin snacking on one of the tongues ( pity ) and soldier 'G' or 'Number 6' made his mark in the characteristic thick white paint of the time. The drawstring I added only to support the tongues of the liner from flopping about.

Any thoughts as to why the decal is so flaky?????

Thanks, guys,
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?   Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?  

Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?   Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?  

Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?   Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Moving to shelf 2 - a Q64 M40 toned Heer......?
    P
    Many

Looks like from what remains...a Big foot Q decal. So that would have discounted it as being a navy. But back in 2000, many of us were unaware of that, including "Moi". Decal almost looks like it was recently removed due to the lack of patina in damaged areas where the decal has flaked.

But anyway...nice textbook M40

You're good David. ... i cant even see the feet!!!!

Cheers, Dan

Hi Dan...top of the head Q (Flat head) & curve of upper right wing is all we need Bubba !!

See I'm still learning.......tku

Hi Dan, no idea why the decal should have flaked that much on this one as the surface does not look a particularly heavily granulated paint. Unless of course as David says, it has been partially removed. That said, a decent toned HEER M40 helmet, good to see it. Leon.

It came from member SSAMIR in New York.