Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Muddy helmet on ebay uk

Article about: by andy1902 cost£325, Thereby lies the problem with it

Smile Muddy helmet on ebay uk

There is an interesting ww2 german helmet on ebay .It is covered in mud and has apparently a single luft decal.it also has a little camo wire.the liner looks genuine and has dried out and disintegrated in places ,no chinstrap.asuming its all genuine i think his price is very inflated.WE ALL KNOW SOLDIERS IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES COVERED THEIR HELMETS IN MUD,BUT IS THIS WW2 ERA MUD?.I THINK THE HELMET IS WORTH 350£s IF GENUINE ,IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO HEAR WHAT OTHER GUYS MAKE OF IT,LVps the number is 160447643194,and the scary price is 750£s to start,LV HAVE YOU BID YET

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Muddy helmet on ebay uk
    P
    Many

Default Re: Muddy helmet on ebay uk

No mud to me, it appears to be some kind of concreet....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

It is not from ground.

No its not a relic ,but its making out it has has mud on it from ww2 as camo.some helmets had the zimmeret put on them the same as the tanks,i wonder could it be that on the shell ?lv

Thought I'd grab the pictures before they disappeared...............

An interesting helmet for sure, worthy of further discussion, however, the wire is not original to the shell IMO,
    Attached Images Attached Images Muddy helmet on ebay uk  Muddy helmet on ebay uk  Muddy helmet on ebay uk  Muddy helmet on ebay uk  Muddy helmet on ebay uk  Muddy helmet on ebay uk 

it's in pretty good shape, but the price is out of my league

?

WW2 era mud. Thats a new one! Did WW2 Mud have extra adhesive capabilities to painted steel? Typically mud dries and turns to dirt and loses all of its adhesion abilities so this must be special mud. Maybe that fake wire is holding it on. I would steer clear of this one, it looks to be a fake concrete camo from the pics.

I know of no soldier that would apply concrete to their helmets, the damn things were heavy enough, without adding concrete to them.

But i will say the new helmet we was issued for Iraq, the ACH ( ARMY COMBAT HELMET ) has to be the most comfortable, and most light weight helmet i have ever worn in my whole military career, the older kevlar's liner would leave marks on the forehead, and would cause headaches, if worn too long.

The ACH kevlar, has soft , adjustable pads on the inside, and the chin strap is really comfortable..

Sorry for getting off cue.

Brian

?

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post
    I know of no soldier that would apply concrete to their helmets, the damn things were heavy enough, without adding concrete to them.
    There have been several found in Norway with a drizzling of concrete applied overtop a camo paint. They are quite controversial actually.

Quote by blackheart0866 View Post

But i will say the new helmet we was issued for Iraq, the ACH ( ARMY COMBAT HELMET ) has to be the most comfortable, and most light weight helmet i have ever worn in my whole military career, the older kevlar's liner would leave marks on the forehead, and would cause headaches, if worn too long.

The ACH kevlar, has soft , adjustable pads on the inside, and the chin strap is really comfortable..

Sorry for getting off cue.

Brian
    Well thank you for your service brian. What branch did you serve in?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast