Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First Combat Helmet

Article about: Hello, M42 no decal are my favourite..always glad to see one, any condition....the rust looks like some brown camo...cool helmet. Thanks

?

Default My First Combat Helmet

Attached are some photos of my first German combat helmet (previous to getting this one, I had a M34 RLB). M42 with original paint (and rust!), liner and chin strap. The chin strap isn't on it in these pictures but I have it somewhere. I used the helmet reenacting back in the 70's & I broke the chin strap so I took it off.

I got it from a friend of my parents who owned a junk/antique shop for $35. He got it from the vet that brought it back. I was 14 years old then and now I'm 51 but I always managed to hang on to this helmet through the years.

Best Regards,
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Combat Helmet   My First Combat Helmet  

My First Combat Helmet   My First Combat Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Combat Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My First Combat Helmet

nice lid mate & story to go along with it thanks for sharing & at $35 an absolute bargain nice one

Mike it would cost more than that for the chin strap now nice helmet mate thanks for showing,
    cheers Ronnie

Hi Mike,

Nice to know you kept it for all those years. Sorry to hear about the chin strap.

?

nice looking lid , rgds Dave

Great lid ,you did better than me , i still have my first one , bought 30 years ago for $20 , back then i had no idea on the different verities , turned out to be Norwegian reissue ,cheers Raymond

Rick
    ?

Nice helmet glad you kept it.

nice one en don t ever sell it you wil regret it !

?

I just wanted to add that the original owner wrote his name inside the liner. I had the helmet for several years and had never untied the drawstring in the liner. One day a friend said that some soldiers wrote their names inside the liner and I should look. Upon looking, I was pleasantly surprised to see the name "Kessler" written inside the liner.
    I guess the only thing better would have been "SS Rottenfuhrer" in front of "Kessler"!

Best Regards,
    Mike

?

A nice model 42 no decal helmet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast