Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My first ever helmet :)

Article about: Can you guys help identify this helmet please.

An honest M42, my favorite.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

very nice looking unmollested m42 stahlhelm,what a great way to kick start your collection especially as your first helmet ,you have done your homework before buying ,unfortunately ive had to learn the hard way, thanks for sharing

Well done young man!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by James C View Post
    very nice looking unmollested m42 stahlhelm,what a great way to kick start your collection especially as your first helmet ,you have done your homework before buying ,unfortunately ive had to learn the hard way, thanks for sharing
    +1 This is a great starter helmet, I learned the hard way like James
    Nice purchase
    Chris

A real nice first helmet and from ebay, way to go!!! May it be the first of many to come. Marty
    Last edited by tank destroyer; 02-16-2014 at 12:02 AM.

?

A nice complete EF M42 ND, a very good start and introduction to helmet collecting.

Looks like a nice pig skin liner.

?

A real nice start for a helmet collection.

the great thing now is you have a nice original example, my advice now is to study it well in every detail and get to know what makes it stand out as original ,you will get hooked and want another example im sure then you hopefully will have the knowledge to make that purchase with confidence also as your learning you could always post up any future wants on here first ,im sure i speak for all of us when i say we will gladly advise you to buy or avoid ,thanks, james

Be Careful messing with the liner cords. That is an Excellent way to either Break the cord, or even worse-to tear off the ear on one of the leather fingers. Best to not fret about it and leave it be. Many a liner has been permanently ruined by playing around with those cords! And, although it's nearly irresistible, do Not put it on your head! The leather is Old and delicate after 70+ years and oils from hair, etc can damage it easily. Especially so the Chinstraps. These old battle Veteran's days of being worn are long gone and past now, and their places where they belong is on a shelf to be admired! 50 years ago, we could play around with them and handle them abit rougher than we dare do today, but back then they were younger, cheaper and plentiful. Today? You already know the answer to That one! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12