Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My first german helmet

Article about: I thought I would show my first German helmet. I don't know much about them. On the inside rim in has Q61 over N368. The chin strap has been broken but, is still attached has gtg 1943 stampe

?

Default My first german helmet

I thought I would show my first German helmet. I don't know much about them. On the inside rim in has Q61 over N368. The chin strap has been broken but, is still attached has gtg 1943 stamped on it. The liner has an inscription by the vet. I think it says " Picked up Biscari Airfield Sicily 1943 1st SGT. LE Brown and what looks like the vets serial number.
    I know it has been painted black but it looks like it was done a long time ago. Forgive me but,I was wondering if it could have been possible that it was painted black and maybe worn by an Italian? Just curios I don't know much about them. If anyone has any information about it can you please help. I appreciate it.
    Thank You
    Jay
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first german helmet   My first german helmet  

My first german helmet   My first german helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first german helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first german helmet

Hi Jay,

I haven't made up my mind about the exterior of your helmet, but the interior looks nice. The vet provenance is great, too!

The photo box you put together to photograph this helmet has created some harsh shadows. I suggest bringing it outside and snapping some photos in natural light. Better photos will help us determine exactly what you've got!

and is there any outline of a decal under the paint under the air vents. liner looks ok.

?

I will try get some better pictures outside tomorrow. It's dark here right now. I will also try to see if there is any trace of a decal.
    Thanks
    Jay

I like it so far,but would like to see better pictures of the outside.
    chris

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    I like it so far,but would like to see better pictures of the outside.
    chris
    Me too.

Brad.

Picture boxes can be touchy. Sunlight is always the best. Brings out the true colors and shades of the paint.

?

Hi Jay, and welcome aboard!

Your helmet appears to be a Q64, not Q61. The weak stamp made the 4 look like a 1.

Hello and welcome to the forum,i agree that this looks like a Quist made M40 helmet size 64.The way the wear appears to the vets inscription suggests to me that he may have repainted the outside of the shell to wear whilst on his motorbike!! It is definatly more worn away at the "tighter point of contact to the head.A nice helmet at the right price,well done. Leon.

From the one photo that shows the paint on the outside properly, I like it.

I think the light box photos make it look darker than it actually is! Lets get some photos outside and then we will know for sure

Josh

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast