Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first Helmet. Any info of it?

Article about: This is my first helmet, pretty sure its a Heer.

Default My first Helmet. Any info of it?

This is my first helmet, pretty sure its a Heer.
    My first Helmet. Any info of it?My first Helmet. Any info of it?My first Helmet. Any info of it?My first Helmet. Any info of it?My first Helmet. Any info of it?My first Helmet. Any info of it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first Helmet. Any info of it?
    P
    Many

This looks to me like an M40 Heer, and the decal also looks like an ET style decal, although it is quite difficult to see as the resolution is quite small.
    That said, it also looks like the paint may have been re-done.
    Maybe you can post some close ups of the decal?

It looks like the liner may have possibly been removed at some point due to the loose split pin(s).
    I'm unsure on the originality of the chinstrap.

We have some members with years (=decades) of experience who will comment shortly.

Kind Regards,
    Nick

Hi, How can you tell about loose splint pins in these photos? Jut curious - which photo are you looking at?
    My name is also Nick

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    This looks to me like an M40 Heer, and the decal also looks like an ET style decal, although it is quite difficult to see as the resolution is quite small.
    That said, it also looks like the paint may have been re-done.
    Maybe you can post some close ups of the decal?

It looks like the liner may have possibly been removed at some point due to the loose split pin(s).
    I'm unsure on the originality of the chinstrap.

We have some members with years (=decades) of experience who will comment shortly.

Kind Regards,
    Nick

I thougt i was a m35.

This helet can has arrived to my town when the uboat sunfisch sank the 2 ships S/S Antares and S/S Amasis.
    The surviors satayd in Lysekil a few days.

Look closely too the botom of the helmet you can se a black stamp, so it seams not like it has bean repainted.
    Don´t know wat the stamp stands for.

It appears to be an ET M40 with factory paint & decal. The liner is correct & the chinstrap looks original also.

The stamped vent holes tell us its a m40 not a m35

Quote by Persson83 View Post
    I thougt i was a m35.

Quote by Persson83 View Post
    Look closely too the botom of the helmet you can se a black stamp, so it seams not like it has bean repainted.
    Don´t know wat the stamp stands for.
    The stamp inside the dome is the quality control stamp from the factory stating it passed quality inspection. Again...the helmet displays factory issue paint & decal inside & out

Hi Nick,
    My concern was that possibly the split pins looked a little loose as well as lacking paint. This could mean they have been removed but could equally mean nothing. My M35 has quite loose pins. You have it in hand so will have a better idea.
    I thought that the paint may have been re-done but... real steel believes it to be original. I would listen to what he says as he is one of the people who has decades of experience and has seen many helmets.

Thanks for posting!
    nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast