Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My first helmet :D

Article about: Hello, this is Julekpl again. It is not much, but I finally have my first helmet. I believe it to be a feldpolizei helmet, minus the decals. From what I know, it has a replaced Swedish liner

Default My first helmet :D

Hello, this is Julekpl again. It is not much, but I finally have my first helmet. I believe it to be a feldpolizei helmet, minus the decals. From what I know, it has a replaced Swedish liner, and no markings inside. There is however something odd about this one...I think that there is another layer of paint under this one. Here are a few pictures of the helm, including blueish paint under the green...any thoughts? My first helmet :D My first helmet :D My first helmet :D My first helmet :D My first helmet :D

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first helmet :D
    P
    Many

G43
    ?

Default Re: My first helmet :D

Nice piece! Congrats.

Any maker markings or lot #? Looks like its been repainted several times. We're you looking to buy your first complete German helmet, cuz this aint it. Still it's an interesting helmet.

I took out the liner, and still no lot #...it seems to have 2 coats of paint, the outer green ,which looks like the feldpolizei type coloring, however certain scraped parts of the green reveal a kind of yellowish shade. Under the green paint is a very thin blue coat, which has me puzzled. I wanted to find a cheap helmet just to add to my collection, I only got it for $60, but I want to add a better liner to it, experiment, you know?

?

I think looking at the vent holes,this MIGHT be an early post war BGS lid....quist made helmets post war for the BGS, which are a dead spit for an M40.... Save for the size of the vent holes. They normally have a makers mark, but no lot number

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Any maker markings or lot #? Looks like its been repainted several times. We're you looking to buy your first complete German helmet, cuz this aint it. Still it's an interesting helmet.
    I agree, this ain't it. Post war used pot and probably made pot. (the stamps in the shell will tell)
    Continue the search Jule.

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I agree, this ain't it. Post war used pot and probably made pot. (the stamps in the shell will tell)
    Continue the search Jule.
    Good advice , seriously i i know it is each to his own but why not save up for a an original Third Reich period lid , unfortunately a lid such as this has very little historical value !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

+1

/the best single piece of advice I can give is don't look for 'bargains'. They are false economy 99% of the time. I would save up and buy something from a member here that is all original. You will pay more but it will be well invested.

Where did you buy this helmet? To add to what Andy said, there are very few bargains when it comes to complete authentic WWII German helmets. If complete authentic helmets are what you want to buy, than your first investment should be in books on German helmets. Then buy from reputable dealers until you are knowledgable enough to buy on your own, at shows, from locals etc. collecting helmets will not be cheap but it's a sound investment.

BTW your avatar scares the hell outta me

Looks like a post war liner as well i think.