Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first helmet (KM SD M40)

Article about: hey guys, i finally got a decent camera so im going to be posting several threads with pictures that ive always wanted to upload i got this back in january at an auction. ive been collecting

Default My first helmet (KM SD M40)

hey guys, i finally got a decent camera so im going to be posting several threads with pictures that ive always wanted to upload

i got this back in january at an auction. ive been collecting for over a decade but since i am so young (not even out of high school) this is the very first helmet ive been able to afford. i know its not in the best condition but it means a lot to me being the first in my collection. in my opinion, it has a lot of character and it seems like its passed hands several times since WWII. i picked it up for just a couple hundred dollars.

its an ET62 and its hard to read because someone darkened the liner at some point with lexol, but the liner is named "Zöhler". i cant make out the lettering on the liner band but it is dated 1941.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first helmet (KM SD M40)   My first helmet (KM SD M40)  

My first helmet (KM SD M40)   My first helmet (KM SD M40)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first helmet (KM SD M40)
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first helmet (KM SD M40)

heres a few more pics of the outer shell
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first helmet (KM SD M40)   My first helmet (KM SD M40)  

My first helmet (KM SD M40)  

Not a bad start for your first one, ObK ! !

It looks Army (Heer) to me - the decal is not 'gold' enough......
    At least it is original, even if it's not all there, and it has a decal showing.

Now all you need is a helmet stand. I have 3 which are made
    of wood, that were originally paper towel dispensers...
    ($5.00 each !)
    Regards,

Steve.

You got a problem now.You are going to look for your next helmet and after that your next helmet it will never stop.I guess it is a good problem to have.I just love German helmet .Good job.

@ walkwolf

it actually is really gold, i think i had a bit too much light shining on the decal when i took the pics.

and yea im always on the hunt for a new one haha

The helmet is an EF and the decal is Heer. EF only used the thin winged KM decal. This is the ET style Heer decal , lightly toned.
    I hope you didn't pay too much a couple of hundreds seems already a lot. My advice is save the hundreds and wait for a better example with better decal and liner next time. It will be worth it and easier to resell if the need arises.

Here's a picture of KM decal ET style. The gold should be really dark.

its an army helmet,,,not a bad start though...

hmmm... well actually the real color of the decal is about perfectly in between the pics that i posted and the one that you showed me. i will try to take some more that are closer to what it looks like. that is interesting to know though, i wouldve sworn it was km : )

Nice lid.Gory liner by the looks of it ...It definitely looks like a Heer to me though..

Dezades
    ?

Nice congratz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast