Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My first helmet purchase

Article about: Hi Wanted to share my first helmet , m35 combat helmet maker ET batch number 3545 hope it's real ? Thanks to nick for his dealer list I decided on this as I love the colour and patina pic's

Default My first helmet purchase

Hi
    Wanted to share my first helmet , m35 combat helmet maker ET batch number 3545 hope it's real ? Thanks to nick for his dealer list I decided on this as I love the colour and patina pic's don't give justice to the amazing patina, I love the fact of the multi decal layers
    I've always wanted a m35 combat police helmet and this was a price I was happy to pay
    Thanks would love to hear your views
    Is this addictive because I'm now wanting a m40 lol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first helmet purchase   My first helmet purchase  

My first helmet purchase   My first helmet purchase  

My first helmet purchase   My first helmet purchase  

My first helmet purchase  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first helmet purchase
    P
    Many

Nice! I'll let others comment on the decals as they have more experience. I see the adler seems to have some touch up with black paint in places? Right wing near the top as you look at it?
    Helmet and liner look good to me. In Frank's lot database similar vintage helmets have alu reinforced liners. Can you read the date on it? The date will be on the wearers right side - in between the liner band and the shell. It is difficult to see sometimes.

Yes, addictive!

Nick

As a reference, here is another ET M35 decal:

My first helmet purchase

TWS
    ?

Congratulations. M35 Polizei DD's are cool.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Thanks nick
    I'm interested on decal comments, you could be right about touch up etc i will have a closer look ,not sure if thats recent as I couldn't see the point of touching up half a decal if you know what I meen ,had a look at the aluminium liner ,bit scared I'm heavy handed and don't want to mess it up looking for a date, the dealer FJM44 did stress this is the origernal to the helmet liner and stap etc
    Will be interested to hear other comments thanks again mark

From your pic of the liner, no need to suspect it is not original to the shell. It's probably dated 1937, your lot# also falls in the 37' manufacture date. Can you read a dome stamp ? The strap appears to be a good one. Is it dated & maker marked on the tip ?
    D.

Quote by mar0367 View Post
    Thanks nick
    I'm interested on decal comments, you could be right about touch up etc i will have a closer look ,not sure if thats recent as I couldn't see the point of touching up half a decal if you know what I meen ,had a look at the aluminium liner ,bit scared I'm heavy handed and don't want to mess it up looking for a date, the dealer FJM44 did stress this is the origernal to the helmet liner and stap etc
    Will be interested to hear other comments thanks again mark
    Generally FJM44 seems to have a good reputation as a dealer.

With the alu liner - normally they are sufficiently tight to the shell that they are very hard to read the date stamp. What i do is try to pull the liner band towards me with one hand and take a photo with my phone (with flash on) to view the stamp.
    Here you will see what i did on my Quist M40:
    Quist M40 Luftwaffe - Tropical

On other helmets i have, i have found it has not been possible to see the stamp, especially with the steel liner bands.

Nick

Here is my strap info thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first helmet purchase  

Yes the aluminium liner is very tight ,plus I've had a closer look at the decal I can't see paint touch up maybe it was the flash on the phone camera

Looks all good to me from these photos. Congrats.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast