Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first 'real' helmet - M35

Article about: Hi all - I just got this today in the mail. It was sold as an M35 Single Decal reissue. The decal is so illegible as to be inconsequential to me. The paint is a heavy coat with rough texture

Question My first 'real' helmet - M35

Hi all -
    I just got this today in the mail. It was sold as an M35 Single Decal reissue. The decal is so illegible as to be inconsequential to me. The paint is a heavy coat with rough texture. It appears to have shiny bits of metal in it. The liner band has a 1940 stamp which looks backwards when viewed from inside the helmet. There is no maker mark, size or lot number visible, but these may be obscured by the paint job. The price was good, so I won't feel too bad if the paint is postwar applied. Just hard to tell. It is, as far as I can tell, a real M35. The weight of the helmet is about the same as my restored M35. Anyway, I got it to display with the K98, so it will serve that purpose.
    As always, any and all opinions and comments are welcome. I am trying to learn as much as I can by reading this and other forums and web sites specific to the helmet which have been recommended here. Thanks for looking!

My first 'real' helmet - M35My first 'real' helmet - M35My first 'real' helmet - M35My first 'real' helmet - M35My first 'real' helmet - M35

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first 'real' helmet - M35
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first 'real' helmet - M35

It is indeed a m-35, due to the fact the air vents are separate and not stamped, liner band looks original too, split pins look unmessed with and tight, nice helmet.

It looks like a fine re-painted/re-issued helmet. I have two examples in my collection. One thing to look for is the paint line. If it stops at the liner band that is typical of repainted helmets. The paint should have some texture to it and appear to be flat and dull. If you post the markings you may get more feedback. NH

Nice looking helmet..................................!
    Regards,

Steve.

I like it,nice display.

Here is a picture of the mark on the liner.

Additionally, on the wearer's left side it is marked 66 n.A and below that either 58 or 59, hard to read. I also looked at the paint line as mentioned and it indeed stops both above and below the band. The paint behind the band is markedly different and the paint line is very distinct. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first 'real' helmet - M35   My first 'real' helmet - M35  

Last edited by roger9344; 01-21-2011 at 03:36 AM. Reason: add information

Congrat's on your 1st. It is only addicting and soon more will fallow.

You'll be looking for more complete or of a certain branch, etc... You'll see.

?

Hi nice helmet for No/ 1, the 66 refers to the helmet shell size, the 58-59 refers to the liner size, either one would fit this shell, and thats a nice clear makers mark on the liner ring, its a shame you cant see the make of shell, that should be on the side skirt just about where your right ear would be, the rear skirt where your neck goes ought to be the lotnr, but there are variations, hope im not teaching you to suck eggs here, regards dave

Nice M35 Reissue!

Where did you get it from?

I got this one from a private seller. One of those all too rare 'right place at the right time' deals. Thanks. After seeing it in person I can say it will remain as-is, I will not try putting a liner in it unless I can find a guaranteed original.