Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DD

Article about: Forum members Please help me with this helmet. I have not purchased it yet and deciding if I should.....depends on your feedback. Been deciding between a dagger and a helmet and this helmet

Default My first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DD

Forum members

Please help me with this helmet. I have not purchased it yet and deciding if I should.....depends on your feedback. Been deciding between a dagger and a helmet and this helmet came first. I have NO knowledge in this area and am reaching out to you guys. What I can tell you is this....it's an M35 Lufty double decal. I can see the bird looks considerably different from the tricolor decal and it's confusing me why. And help and comments are welcome.

On the back of the chin strap tab there is a maker name that I can't quite read and the pictures didn't turn-out. Had to shoot indoors and I can't get the lighting just right.

Green

My first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DDMy first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DD
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DD
    P
    Many

Default Re: My first stahlhelm? M35 Luft DD

It's pressing all the right buttons for a Q M35, I think you found a good one

Corey

All good from where I am sitting!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I can't see any problems Green.

Brad.

Green the helmet is a good one with good decals I like it.
    If the price is right get it.
    chris

i think the decal just shows age cracking. and with one of the swashsticker looking out of place is the fact these luft decals where hard to place. i realy like the look of this helmet, i my self would like to get my hands on one of these m35 luft dd helmets one day. i like the age in this helmet. and i think they still can be found at resnoble prices. but thats just me helmet all the way for me dagger later.

Looks a good one from here!

Thank you all for your replies, they mean alot to someone who's rookie in this field!!

I'm mostly concerned with the bird as it's lackinga a bit of detail. Do you guys think it matches the wear on the tricolor? Is this helmet worth getting with the condition of the eagle or should I hold out for a better example? What should I expect to be a fair market price for an example like this? I was guessing $1400ish?

Thanks for your thoughts and comments.
    Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

I wouldn't pay more than $1250 for it.

A great example and a real beauty for a first lid! The cracking on the eagle is very typical of a helmet that was used on the parade ground and polished for the purpose. The polish interacts with the decals and causes this crazing, it's a bit different to normal age crazing IMO. Odd that the tricolour isn't similarly crazed but perhaps a different composition, or he avoided polishing it too much?

I love a good Q M35 Luft
    Last edited by KradSpam; 11-13-2012 at 12:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast