Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

my german helmet relics

Article about: just wanted to share my german helmet relics with you.

?

Default my german helmet relics

just wanted to share my german helmet relics with you.
    Attached Images Attached Images my german helmet relics  my german helmet relics  my german helmet relics  my german helmet relics  my german helmet relics 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my german helmet relics
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: my german helmet relics

hi etalem , the`re great , i like them very much ,

cheers al

Here's one of mine, I've had years I sure hope its genuine its from Fallingbostel and was in a bit of a museum there and came with a certificate of authenticity.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture my german helmet relics   my german helmet relics  

Why does it shine?

Its been varnished (well I presume varnish) just to protect it I guess as its a bit crumbly around the edges.

Don't know why but I just love relic helmets John

hi,
    All the helmets are fine, i collect relic battlefield helmets i have ten among my collection of seventeen helmets. there is something about the relic that i really like you can look at very nice complete helmets but the relic tells a story. as for the SS, it is a nice enough helmet very damaged but worth having, I had a helmet that dropped shale for ever, it drove me mad, the only thing i found was to take as much shale off as poss, and varnish it with Mat,
    varnish it has,nt dropped anything since. you would,nt know the varnish was on it. never use gloss. Great lids though.
    dave.

Agree with you, Dave; behind every relic helmet its a story, a gruesome story I think...

What happens if you let a relic helmet untreated, does it continues to deteriorate? Well, I'm sure it does, but how obvious is it?

Dave,

I think I remember your SS helmet as one of the first that Kev Greenhalgh found while digging around Fally, he turns up no end of stuff, Bergen Belsen in comparison is pretty bare as they withdrew in good order.
    I think the best he found was a Spanish cuff title in reasonable condition considering its buirial.

Regards

Jock

Hi adi,
    Most relic helmets are fine as long as they are kept in the confinds
    of a collection as most are very well looked after, it also depends on the atmosphere in the war room. i have not had any problems
    with the helmets apart from the one i mentioned, they are all dry and kept in one area, and only i use the room. You will find that any helmet that has problems will give off small pieces of rust at all times then it needs treatment. i have tried all sorts of stuff but the only way i found to stop it was to get as much shale off as you can and put mat varnish on it, you wont know it is there.
    but if you get a helmet please dont oil it it will never dry, and the shale will fall for ever. As the oil removes the rust in small parts.
    dave.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast