Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet

Article about: if you remember. would like to check it out. thanks deadeye

Default My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet

this is my luff , its a ET64. no liner. but it still is a very kool helmet. your thoughts. thanks deadeye
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet   My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet  

My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet   My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet  

My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet   My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet
    P
    Many

Default re: My Luftwaffe M42 single decal helmet

The decal close up is a little blurry, but it looks honest enough. ET shell?

I agree,it looks a good Luftwaffe M42,shame it has no liner. By the way,you posted this in the SS HELMET SECTION!! Leon.

Oh no, the dreaded SS Luff division! run!

oops

?

" Luff " !!!!!!!!!

I'll move this to the correct section , this isn't difficult people !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Nice M42 Luft Deadeye I have a ET just like it with no liner. Don't discount a lot of Luft's had the liners removed to wear in aircraft over flight helmet see Anders Schote book Luftwaffe headgear. Most of them were the early helmets but I think there may be a picture in there of a M-42 worn over a flight helmet. NO way to know probably not just had its liner removed you find a lot of shells anymore I know I have. timothy

hey timothy, do you have any photos , w/pilots wearing luff helmets over there flight helmets. if so would like to see. that intersting, never thought they would do that. makes since, a false feeling of security. dont think these stood up to well w/ a Direct hit from a bullet. unless if they crashed would give them a little more protection, if they lived thru it. anyway very intesting. thanks again for some useful info.deadeye

No just check a book Luftwaffe Flight helments by Anders Skote it has a few pictures of them in it. I may not be spelling his name right. It is on Amazon I believe. timothy

I posted a pic in a thread somewhere of a converted crew helmet belonging to a member of GHW, and a period pic. I cannot for the life of me remember where it is though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast