Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet

Article about: I bought this helmet from the Regimentals shop a few years ago. This is an pre-war to early war M.36, as it has painted stencils on both sides, the national flag colours of Germany at that t

Default My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet - value and date of production ?

I bought this helmet from the Regimentals shop a few years ago.

This is an pre-war to early war M.36, as it has painted stencils on both sides, the national flag colours of Germany at that time and the silver army eagle

It has some dents on the top (the shop told me they could be restored carefully by using panel hammer to knock the dents outwards from the inside) and some paint missing (mainly on the top, but could be restored).

The helmet has some mud dust on it, which may have happened during the war, or could have been caused when it may have been buried after the war when the allies had an enormous amount of German equipment and buried vast quantities of it, the dents on the top could have been caused when it was underground and then dug up.

It is a size 60, you can see the remains of the ink size stamp on the leather liner.

Could you tell me what its value and date of production would be, please ?

Thank you very much.

justin1939
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet   My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet  

My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet   My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet  

My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet   My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet  

My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet  
    Last edited by justin1939; 07-03-2013 at 05:43 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet, any interest ?

Why double posts?
    And if you want to sell, you better use the clasifieds section.
    And use the forum picture up-load, is also a forum regulation.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Default Re: My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet, any interest ?

Hello Stuka f,

Sorry about the double posts, I put one under the wrong thread and then put them both under the right thread.

Thank you very much for your advice.

justin1939

Default Re: My M.35 Wehrmacht Officers Aluminium Parade Helmet

best to post the pics using the forum uploader rather than external hosting. Once they disappear from the host the thread is useless.

Would it be possible to see better pictures.
    It should have a ET64 marking inside the rim.
    chris

?

Seems like a light-weight helmet to me, never seen such a light steel colour on the steel helmets
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

The scratches look really new, no patina, bright exposed steel, the paint doesn't look like a authentic color to the period either. I maybe wrong, Im still learning myself.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Seems like a light-weight helmet to me, never seen such a light steel colour on the steel helmets
    Hi Dimas, I think it is an aluminum helmet and the color of the exposed metal looks right to me. The paint also looks good to me as does the liner. Justin is obviously incorrect when he describes the insignia as painted stencils, they are clearly decals, and are also right. I think it is a good piece, but I would still like to see better pictures. That being said, I would buy this one at the right price, but I suspect that the price paid to Regimentals was probably a bit rich. Cheers, Jim G.

?

First off its not a 'steel helmet', its aluminium so the patina will look different as ALU does'nt rust as such but can corrode,secondly the eagle looks like a decal ,not painted on as the national tricolour appears to be, the scratches might be period but doubtful IMO,as for the paint it looks a very thin one coat and no undercoat ,which seems strange to me, as for trying to hammer out the dome, that would prove foolhardy as the metal may never resume original shape because it has stretched

Dave, both insignia are definitely decals. Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast