MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M42

Article about: ok norway liners are a bit lighter yea, and different leather pins. its just lighter under. but the leather washer is as dark as the top

?

Default My M42

A few pics of my M42 it's a clk 66 batch number 1515
    My M42My M42My M42My M42

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M42
    P
    Many

Default Re: My M42

Helmet looks good mate, I've got a funny feeling about the buckle on the strap though

Any chance of a pic of the other side of the liner leather?

?

The chin strap is a temporary measure off of one of my Bulgarian helmets until I find a nice one.

?

here are pics of inside liner also a close up of the finger with the 1943 date stamped into it on the end as not seen this before.It's the 4th picture down.My M42My M42My M42My M42My M42
    Last edited by busman; 09-21-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: more info

?

Has anyone seen this kind of date stamping before?

Replaced liner? The rear rivet head appears mismatched in condition to the shell. Can you see if the rivet pins have been re-bent?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Replaced liner? The rear rivet head appears mismatched in condition to the shell. Can you see if the rivet pins have been re-bent?
    Good observation. That rear pin almost looks to have smooth paint, such as on an M35. Does not match the shade of the shell. And it's sitting in the middle of a line of rust with no rust on the pin. The liner could be ok. Maybe later war leather of a darker quality.

Indeed, they may have been mixed up when it was re-assembled. The left side
    pin is rather worn and is a good match for the back of the helmet.........
    Regards,

Steve.

do you think the leather has a dye been put on out side, or is that just ageing. i could be very wrong.

Leather could have been treated with a preservative at some point. Doesn't look to be a Norway liner. I have one for sale in the classifieds. It is very dark but no indications that it was dyed or treated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast