Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M42, SD(removed)

Article about: Here are the better pics of my M42 , it just arrived today, i am very happy with it !!!!!! First lid in my collection !!!!! it is named and marked KI 54,3154 .... going to start doing resear

?

Default My M42, SD(removed)

Here are the better pics of my M42 , it just arrived today, i am very happy with it !!!!!! First lid in my collection !!!!! it is named and marked KI 54,3154 .... going to start doing research on maker marks! ...... Thanks again Joe for posting my initial pics, i appreciate it !!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M42, SD(removed)   My M42, SD(removed)  

My M42, SD(removed)   My M42, SD(removed)  

My M42, SD(removed)   My M42, SD(removed)  

My M42, SD(removed)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M42, SD(removed)
    P
    Many

Default Re: My M42, SD(removed)

Great looking M42. The maker mark reads ckl64, they were renowned for having lightly stamped marks, hence the funny looks to some of the letters. Love the name as well. What every happened to the decal, field removed or post war, its been done for awhile. Really nice first lid

Cheers
    Jason

?

Thanks for the help with the maker Jason!!! Am i right with it being a sz. 54?

No worries. Size is a 64, the German helmet sizes ranged from 60 through to 70, 64 and 66 been the most common sizes to see. Ckl is the late war code for the ET maker for you research into the helmet. Also on the lot number database at GHW there are 2 matches to that lot number, and SD Heer and an SS.

Cheers
    Jason

?

Does that mean that both SS or Heer could have been issued this helmet from this run or lot? ......... Obviously not an SS, ....

I would say that the Heer is what the lot may have been and the SS was a reissue but anything is possible, we will never know

Good looking M42, and named also. Welcome to the circus & congrats on your first!

Agreed with all so far - a great first helmet ...... booyah!!!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

4md
    ?

nice m42, great first helmet, named and all. Is the guy Christian oroitz without a space or is it one name?

regards Paul

?

Thanks for all positive replies !!!!! I believe the name is all one last name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast