Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Medic Helmet

Article about: Heres my Medical helmet! I believe the liner might have been replaced because the paint just chips right off on the rivets like it had been recently painted, and the colors don't match with

Default My Medic Helmet

Heres my Medical helmet! I believe the liner might have been replaced because the paint just chips right off on the rivets like it had been recently painted, and the colors don't match with the rest of the helmet.
    My Medic HelmetMy Medic HelmetMy Medic HelmetMy Medic HelmetMy Medic HelmetMy Medic HelmetMy Medic HelmetMy Medic Helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Medic Helmet
    P
    Many

The pics are not really good enough to make a call on the paint, I have to admit I don't get a good feeling from it so far. The way the white has the same wear and chips all over, including under the red gives me pause. Better pics in natural light would be useful, and shots of the back of the liner pins too wouldn't hurt.

Hello , I am not trying to "rain on your parade" but for me the wear looks to be artificial on this helmet. All of the "scratch" marks appear to be of similar length and depth , there is no variation which is just not natural. The general pitting/wear also looks much to even for me as well , personally I am not convinced it's a genuine period medic helmet. It is however an original shell(M35 if think from these pictures) and you are probably right that the liner has been replaced. Leon.

Haha no worries, I was ready to take alot of critique from this helmet. I know it's obviously an original shell, liner, and chin strap, but I have always been a little skeptical too. I know that it is very hard to tell with medic helmets.

?

Fake medic helmet not hard to tell.

This helmet is for sale on ebay for 1000$

Unfortunately that's how much I got it for, I jumped the gun with it and trusted the dealer more than I trusted my gut. I took it off eBay after posting on it the Wehrmacht-Awards forum too, and it got alot of dislikes from the guys there. I had a few guys think it's okay from where I live but too many thought it was bad, I don't want to screw over anybody else. I guess everyone has got to get burned at some point in this hobby! Ha quite an embarrassing mistake.

Ouch , sorry to hear that Cody , an expensive mistake. Always post potential purchases for evaluation , we are all happy to help ensure each and every one of us have the best opportunity to only buy original pieces for our collections! Leon.

Quote by Cody Countryman View Post
    Unfortunately that's how much I got it for, I jumped the gun with it and trusted the dealer more than I trusted my gut. I took it off eBay after posting on it the Wehrmacht-Awards forum too, and it got alot of dislikes from the guys there. I had a few guys think it's okay from where I live but too many thought it was bad, I don't want to screw over anybody else. I guess everyone has got to get burned at some point in this hobby! Ha quite an embarrassing mistake.
    look it will fell bad for a little bit but you will move on, and as time goes on you will be more and more vigilant, dont let this get you down., we all have done it. i think? well i have. not just with helmets too. hope the next one you look at. you will post it on here first.......then hand over $

Take it back to the dealer and get a refund!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast