Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new dd heer(et 62)

Article about: It's arrived! This is my latest helmet which is an apple green double decal ET 62 with the lot number 3969.I am really pleased with this one as it has a real "been there,done that"

Default My new dd heer(et 62)

It's arrived! This is my latest helmet which is an apple green double decal ET 62 with the lot number 3969.I am really pleased with this one as it has a real "been there,done that" look to it.It has it's original non magnetic chinstrap(undated) and the liner is supple with all rivets solid and untouched.I cant see the date on the inner band as there is to much dirt build up but i can see the size 56 which matches perfectly with the 55 stamped leather.After cleaning the inner up of 50 or 60 years of grime(the helmet came from a scottish basement)the initails of the original owner could be seen(H.K).The decals are in fair condition and are both evenly toned with crazeing to a matching level of wear and tear,and the apple green finish is about 60-65% complete.All in all a nice used double decal HEER,i hope you enjoy a look and can use it for reference.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new dd heer(et 62)   My new dd heer(et 62)  

My new dd heer(et 62)   My new dd heer(et 62)  

Attached Images Attached Images My new dd heer(et 62) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new dd heer(et 62)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My new dd heer(et 62)

A good looking old warrior, I like it when they have patina. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,it's just nice to get one that has'nt been messed about with these days!

A beauty!! lose the twine and it's a perfect DD lid in my book!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Cool lid, I've yet to find myself a DD M35 Heer

Is this a toned Heer or a KM? Are there ridges in the black field around the borders of the Adler and swastika? Take some pictures in the sun on an angle, this may be a bonus! Jim G.

i im new to this site ive look at a lot of the good info you guys have put up here and its realy helpfull. im trying to collect ww2 helmets and i did not realise how much research there is to be done but what herts the most is there is people out there trying to sell fakes and makeing fakes its sad after looking at the section on this site about fake german helmets and how good some are it got me second thinking about a lot of 3 helmets i bought not that long ago the 1st one sd army m40 ef64 5193 2nd air force sd m42 et6* 1900 and the 3rd i was told was a repro but i think maybe post war boarder gard but it just decals im finding hard to no what to look for i would be realy greatfull if someone could put my mind at ease and tell me what i ended up gettingAttachment 396406Attachment 396407[ATTACH=CONFIG]396408[/ATTACHAttachment 396409Attachment 396410Attachment 396411]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new dd heer(et 62)   My new dd heer(et 62)  

Hi,i have had a good look under my x20 loop and even though the swastika has the 3D effect to the bird it does'nt show the thick black ridges around it that you would expect from a KM.In my opinion a good toned heer, cheers.

Can you post a few more pics of the decal in sunlight at different angles? A nice helmet you got there.

Hi helmstone, here are a few more of the decals at different angles,the bird really is a deep gold in it,s tone but as i said earlier i think it is a heer and not a KM as there is no black border around it although the swastika is indeed 3D,that and the national shield is also toned and they are crazed to the same level enforces this in my opinion,but others are more than welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new dd heer(et 62)  
    Attached Images Attached Images My new dd heer(et 62)  My new dd heer(et 62)  My new dd heer(et 62)  My new dd heer(et 62)  My new dd heer(et 62)  My new dd heer(et 62)  My new dd heer(et 62)  My new dd heer(et 62) 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast