Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My new M35 DD heer

Article about: this is my newest helmet just bought it today it is a barn found from germany with the usual story,grand pa died and they cleaned up the barn there were 4 helmets but 3 got disposed and a lo

Default Re: My new M35 DD heer

and the inside
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new M35 DD heer   My new M35 DD heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new M35 DD heer
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a nice pre 1938 helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

mostly there is more paint left on the inside

Quote by michiel kruger View Post
    is there a leathertreatment that wil not gamage the leather?
    it feels like cardboard
    if there is a way to restor it without any damage i woul like to
    Well, here I must disagree with Ade. Leather like that can puncture very easily.
    I treat leather this way. First I clean it very carefully with milk. Then I wash it over with glycerine. Leather goes very soft from it. After a wild (couple of days or even more) I wash it over with somethig here known as"hiking oil". That oil is intended to preserve and to soft leather boots. NOTICE that leather goes black from this oil!!! I use it only with black items or very damaged leather.

Perhaps you should try on something else first. Something like old shoes or old belt.

?

I'am about untouched items. Any leather restoring must be made very carefully, and must be made without any of restoration spots. The glycerine will kill the leather over a couple of years- never use it to make the leather soft.

That is the hard process and sometimes doesen't work ( if the leather was broken due of thermo damages) even better way to make the leather temporarily soft and clean - the iboprphyl alcohol- then mix the same alcohol with vaseline- 80 alcohol 20% vaseline, put it to the leather and make some spreading to the leather. After all is leather will dry, make a dissolved HCL -Chloric acid 25 % of the acid and 75 water, the dissolved acid must be approx 30 grad celsium warm. Wash the leather in that acid and keep untill the all the dark will gone, and leather became light brown. Take away and place to the soapy water- wash it, and after that spread the 80 alcohol 20% vaseline. That will make leather soft and will restore original leather's color. But that would be great if the good looking leather will be the same in condition as a helmet itself. Also I advice to make that if you have some experience before
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

thanx for the help dimas
    i guess the leater is fine right now and fitts the rest of the helmet
    wont tutch it anymore accept by showing it to people (like my
    grandma hehehe)

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I'am about untouched items. Any leather restoring must be made very carefully, and must be made without any of restoration spots. The glycerine will kill the leather over a couple of years- never use it to make the leather soft.

That is the hard process and sometimes doesen't work ( if the leather was broken due of thermo damages) even better way to make the leather temporarily soft and clean - the iboprphyl alcohol- then mix the same alcohol with vaseline- 80 alcohol 20% vaseline, put it to the leather and make some spreading to the leather. After all is leather will dry, make a dissolved HCL -Chloric acid 25 % of the acid and 75 water, the dissolved acid must be approx 30 grad celsium warm. Wash the leather in that acid and keep untill the all the dark will gone, and leather became light brown. Take away and place to the soapy water- wash it, and after that spread the 80 alcohol 20% vaseline. That will make leather soft and will restore original leather's color. But that would be great if the good looking leather will be the same in condition as a helmet itself. Also I advice to make that if you have some experience before
    Wow! Thanks! It looks like pretty complicated process. How did you get to that?

sounds like to much to me i,l be happy when de leather smell returns

Good original barn find's are going to be a dream of the past sooner than we think I can't imagine after all these year's that there could be many left undiscovered now.

Excellent find.Well done

Tom

just keep the hope up

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast