Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My only real german helmet

Article about: OK this is the only real German helmet Ive got so far its a M42 ET68 its been repainted at some point & a new decal applied, i added the chin strap as it never had one & i also added

?

Cool My only real german helmet

OK this is the only real German helmet Ive got so far its a M42 ET68 its been repainted at some point & a new decal applied, i added the chin strap as it never had one & i also added the chicken im thinking about trying to turn it in to a half basket at some point as i think that looks better. anyway only cost me £65 so im happy with it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My only real german helmet   My only real german helmet  

My only real german helmet   My only real german helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My only real german helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My only real german helmet

looks good for a display and doesnt break the bank, rgds dave

?

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    looks good for a display and doesnt break the bank, rgds dave
    thanks just what i thought when i found it & surprised he said i could have for such a low price as he was selling replicas for more.

?

Quote by WolfMan73 View Post
    OK this is the only real German helmet Ive got so far its a M42 ET68 its been repainted at some point & a new decal applied, i added the chin strap as it never had one & i also added the chicken im thinking about trying to turn it in to a half basket at some point as i think that looks better. anyway only cost me £65 so im happy with it
    Nice Helmet , large Helmets are harder to find, good deal for that price.!!

?

even more pleased with it now im learning more about them so its a def stayer im the collection

The Enforcer
    ?

hmm Its just what point of vieuw you choose haahaa

?

Quote by The Enforcer View Post
    hmm Its just what point of vieuw you choose haahaa
    well its a real helmet & its german so yes, i know its not in orginal condition & may never have seen action as i know alot of shells were found still in the factorys after the war unused but its the closesit thing ive got at the mo to the real thing

Hi Wolfman73,

It may not be everyones cup of tea, but I say good on you for showing us your helmet and it's great that your proud of it.

Keep up the collecting, and you just never know when another one will pop out of the woodwork, it's all about having fun

B regards,

Grant

Quote by Australian Guy View Post
    Hi Wolfman73,

It may not be everyones cup of tea, but I say good on you for showing us your helmet and it's great that your proud of it.

Keep up the collecting, and you just never know when another one will pop out of the woodwork, it's all about having fun

B regards,

Grant
    Right you are Grant!
    Prices of genuine items( if you are lucky to find and recognize one!!) are not to be called reasonable!! I am in to antiques in general, so if you compare certain things, thise III Reich stuff is extremly expensive.
    Just compare the value of a medieval handcrafted (original !!)helmet to a machine made II WW helmet...
    To me it is also not an investement, it is a hobby to have fun with.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Your helmet came out real nice!!
    I love chicken wire helmets.
    I agree that the half basket looks neater, but the full ones arent bad either.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast