Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Named double decal helmet found in garbage!

Article about: by davejb Just to make sure you understand what Doug means by the 45 degree cut, its not laid flat then cut the leather, its cut with the strap through the side, in other words end on so the

Default Re: Named double decal helmet found in garbage!

Repainted during the war, or after?

Why doesn't the steel pot have any stampings?

IS IT REAL? How much is it worth!?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Repainted during the war, or after?

Why doesn't the steel pot have any stampings?

IS IT REAL? How much is it worth!?
    Thats one thing im looking at carefully, because it doesnt seem that the amount of paint is enought to cover the markings.

double decal ?
    Z- 3-

Quote by sSterbebild View Post
    double decal ?
    Z- 3-
    I'm sorry. I am a new collector. What does that mean?

That awesome!! I go check out the dumps every weekend and all I have ever found was some ammo boxes thats so COOL!! - Nick K

?

Im thinking its possibly a double decal m35, the tricolour being painted over, i would say its a period repaint, and judging by the textured paint on the inside it might just be hiding the marks, with the photos and no enlargement element its awkward to get a good line on it, the adler seems to have been painted around the edges and the liner appears period , an in hand inspection would be prefered on this one but i would cautiously say it seems to be a good one, but i would like to see more comments from other members

Quote by davejb View Post
    Im thinking its possibly a double decal m35, the tricolour being painted over, i would say its a period repaint, and judging by the textured paint on the inside it might just be hiding the marks, with the photos and no enlargement element its awkward to get a good line on it, the adler seems to have been painted around the edges and the liner appears period , an in hand inspection would be prefered on this one but i would cautiously say it seems to be a good one, but i would like to see more comments from other members
    Please let me know if you'd like me to take anymore pictures!

I know it seems too good to be true, but it could have easily ende up in this garbage heap:
    Last edited by GIZMO8Z; 07-12-2011 at 01:57 PM.

?

If you can, get an extreme close up of the covered part of the decal, also the left hand inside skirt just below the chin strap ring, i dont know if it will do any good but it cant do any harm

?

It's a good period reissued M35 DD with the tricolor painted over. There should be markings on the rear of the skirt and in the skirt on the right side. This will denote the maker, size and lot number. ( pardon me if you've posted this already, I am just skimming the thread ). As far as value these typically sell for 600 to 1000 depending on condition. This is probably in the 7-800 range I would think.

Let me know if anyone dumps off an SS lid LOL.

?

Congrads! Real as a heart attack! Its a SD M35 re-issue heer with what appears to be a field repaint. =)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast