Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

Article about: by helmetone Is that the expected bird decal on a fire brigade helmet? I'm not up on my fire brigade helmets. Yes it is and here is a link to Jim's early ones in gold..............https://ww

Default Re: Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

You were not "guilty"in my eye's,as i said right from the start,this one stood out as a great one looker to me even with the variation of the adler! I think that all the talk this one has raised has just proven that we all can learn something new,and not to dismiss any item just because we have not seen it before.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.
    P
    Many

does anyone no of a prewar decal called a hairy bird. is this that type or not

We knew it was legit, Eric! It is a rare/nice lid! I'm happy you acquired it! I felt from the beginning that is was legit, but a few early posters were hating! Hope you didn't pay too much, lol!!!!!

No I encourage such replies as long as it is in a productive manor.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Wow, it's great to learn there is another LW decal out there that is so rarely seen.
    I've never seen such a detailed bird.

Brad.

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    We knew it was legit, Eric! It is a rare/nice lid! I'm happy you acquired it! I felt from the beginning that is was legit, but a few early posters were hating! Hope you didn't pay too much, lol!!!!!
    I think the early posts are what these forums are all about, opinions, questions, discussion, learning, and hopefully, consensus. It is difficult to be on the receiving end of questions regarding the authenticity of a piece, especially when you know that it is right, but that is the risk we run when we post a helmet publicly. I have been there, and on a few occasions when I was 1000% confident in the piece it was very uncomfortable. On one occasion, however, I learned that a double decal Kriegsmarine that had been on my shelf for a decade was bad. Frankly, I was glad to learn the truth about it. I think the posts in this thread have been appropriately polite, inquisitive, and thanks to Munich, Chris, and Doug, informative, and I am happy for Eric that Munich was able to shed some light on what I believe is a rare, and spectacular Adler decal. Again Eric, congrats on this one. By the way, I am from Connecticut, and would love to bring this one back to its home state. Keep me in mind! Cheers, Jim G.

This thread has come a long way since my comment, I'm happy to see the direction it has taken. Now that we are discussing Austrian decals, it does remind me in construction and detail to the larger Austrian made police decal, more in the style of a shako eagle than a classic shield shaped decal. I can remember an Adrian helmet wearing one like that but I cant find the pics, I did find this from a thread in the forum though on an M44.

Congrats Eric, this must be a very rare bird indeed!

Thanks for the kind words and the help everyone

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Thanks for the kind words and the help everyone

Eric
    You got a very special helmet there Eric.
    Very good find.
    Super piece for your collection.
    chris

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    This thread has come a long way since my comment, I'm happy to see the direction it has taken. Now that we are discussing Austrian decals, it does remind me in construction and detail to the larger Austrian made police decal, more in the style of a shako eagle than a classic shield shaped decal. I can remember an Adrian helmet wearing one like that but I cant find the pics, I did find this from a thread in the forum though on an M44.

Congrats Eric, this must be a very rare bird indeed!
    I had one of those Adrian helmet with the Austrian police decal on the front.
    I sold it a few years back,to a collection who collected captured items.
    I am not into collecting captured helmets.
    chris

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast