Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

Article about: by helmetone Is that the expected bird decal on a fire brigade helmet? I'm not up on my fire brigade helmets. Yes it is and here is a link to Jim's early ones in gold..............https://ww

Default Re: Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.

hi eric,I stand corrected.I have never seen a helmet like this before and I have seen hundreds.I am always glad to learn.I don't appreciate remarks about my honest comment,as I said let see what others say.any way good luck to you eric well done.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named M34 Luftwaffe Fire Brigade helmet.
    P
    Many

There was most certainly nothing wrong with your comments my friend,we never learn a thing unless someone questions an item legitimately and opens up the disscussion.I also would just like to add that it takes a big man to shout out "i stand corrected" as all to often when an opinion is proven incorrect the poster remains silent!! GOOD STUFF "BIG MAN!"

Nice find. I do not know how many times I have heard "I never have seen one like that before. It must be a fake." As Doug said, new information pops up constantly. If you have a closed mind, nothing new will ever be learned.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well said Bob

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

That is an beauty!!! I just have one question about it. I noticed the holes on top where the aluminum comb would be. Is it missing the comb or were they not used on this type of helmet or was it removed by the Luftwaffe when they used them?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

A lot of M34 fire/police helmets have the slots, but are missing the comb. Possibly they had them to begin with and were removed later to save the aluminum for other things. I've never heard any other opinion on why they would have been removed, maybe somebody can enlighten us??

Corey

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    A lot of M34 fire/police helmets have the slots, but are missing the comb. Possibly they had them to begin with and were removed later to save the aluminum for other things. I've never heard any other opinion on why they would have been removed, maybe somebody can enlighten us??

Corey
    Some have those little covers for each slot, so perhaps they just lost those rather than the complete comb. Scavenging Aluminium for aircraft etc in later war years is a good idea though.

Others may know the date, but from what I understand it was ordered to remove them and I have seen very few of these pluged.

Eric

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Nice find. I do not know how many times I have heard "I never have seen one like that before. It must be a fake." As Doug said, new information pops up constantly. If you have a closed mind, nothing new will ever be learned.
    Exactly Bob, and experience can tell if the item should be period, the look, smell, feel, and we can use magnification to check for modern print, plus there is provenance. When I said "I have never seen a bird like that before" I certainly didn't mean it might be fake, and was interested in exploring it further, so glad Eric was a good sport and members are able to discuss as gentlemen here. I would love to see super closeups of the decal if you ever get the chance Eric.

Cheers Bob, et al.

Doug

I will do ADM on it for ya Doug.

Eric

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast