Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Named m35 DD luftwaffe

Article about: Thought I would share my latest find. The helmet came out of a collection in New York not wood work find. I did not have a DD Luftwaffe in my collection and it was the new helmet I wanted wh

Default Named m35 DD luftwaffe

Thought I would share my latest find. The helmet came out of a collection in New York not wood work find. I did not have a DD Luftwaffe in my collection and it was the new helmet I wanted when I started collecting, why I do know just was. The helmet is a ef64 with a dated band of 1938 with square rings. The liner is in good shape the chinstrap in there but has broken on one side. The amazing thing is the chinstrap is also dated 1938.
    I also think at one time there was a white wash on the helmet. You can see signs of omit on the vents.
    The helmets named and when examining the helmet I could a second and possibly third name. One name I believe is the same but the writing has faded.
    Marty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named m35 DD luftwaffe   Named m35 DD luftwaffe  

Named m35 DD luftwaffe   Named m35 DD luftwaffe  

Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named m35 DD luftwaffe
    P
    Many

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named m35 DD luftwaffe   Named m35 DD luftwaffe  

MAP
    ?

Much nicer looking with these photos Marty. A nice Luft blue that has been there and done that.

Michael

(but I still liked the rough overpainted Heer LoL)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is on the way, if I can make the deal. Should happen.

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    It is on the way, if I can make the deal. Should happen.
    For the Heer? Or this DD Luft?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

For the Heers. The DD is in my hands. I just bought a dagger so funds are slow. Hint don't you need a reissue m17

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    For the Heers. The DD is in my hands. I just bought a dagger so funds are slow. Hint don't you need a reissue m17
    Hint: No...got one, but I will do a one for one swap. Yours is better than mine LoL. But good news you are pursuing the Heer. From the photos it looked like it stood a good chance of being a looker!

Good looking M35 that has a nice character to it, well done. Leon.

Leon thanks for the postive comment.

I have a question for everyone.
    We all have or had a m35 DD helmet in our collection that had the tricolor remove due to the 1940 regulation and a few m40 helmet had the tricolor applied. Question is why do m35 helmets such as mine have both decals? The one I have looks as if had a white wash at one time, was it used in combat? Who knows. Was it used behind the front lines and it was not a big deal and rules not enforced? Was it bought home early in the war? Doubtful the US did not get into the war until 1941. Why then do we have helmets with two decal....?
    Marty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast