Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Named M42 single decal Heer

Article about: Hi Guys, this one came into work today. Note the original owners name: not German. I think it is Baltic in origin? Untouched condition and even has the ink stamp to the dome. But I did not h

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    A very nice helmet Adrian , just how I like them.
    Took the words right out of my mouth. I agree. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Jake, my gardening business is the regular day job. But since Jan I have worked part time a few days a month for auctioneer Charles Hanson of BBC TV's "Bargain Hunt" fame. A very nice chap who pays me to look at kit. A hard job but someone has to did it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Jake, my gardening business is the regular day job. But since Jan I have worked part time a few days a month for auctioneer Charles Hanson of BBC TV's "Bargain Hunt" fame. A very nice chap who pays me to look at kit. A hard job but someone has to did it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Nice one Ade, Charles certainly does come across as a nice chap on the TV, and it's a good job he is getting a bit of expert advice as in my experience of watching the antiques road show/ flog it and bargain hunt etc, they always severely under value militaria and autographs! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Thats a cool job to have Ade,do you get first pick on any items?or does it all have to go straight to auction?shame if it does.
    With Regards Jake.

Ade, would this be both in house and online auction,, is there a link or site please.

?

Hi Ade the name in the M42 appears to be Estonian , many Estonians were captured by the British in Schleswig-Holstein in 1945 !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Guys, thanks for the comments as ever.

It is a level playing field. If the vendor wishes to sell, it goes into the auction. I cannot offer them to buy. That would be unfair. I can bid just like everyone else. BTW I have to pay the same commission too. The militaria auctions are live online via the saleroom.com

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

As already stated, that's a great helmet Ade.
    It would be a wicked addition to any collection.

Brad.

?

Ade the link didn't work mate !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul, what link? I am lost?

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast