Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying a helmet!!

Article about: My dad has this helmet and is interested in selling it, I think its a reverse waffen ss helmet but not too sure, I cant seem to find much information on it, can anyone help me? I'm also havi

Default Need help identifying a helmet!!

My dad has this helmet and is interested in selling it, I think its a reverse waffen ss helmet but not too sure, I cant seem to find much information on it, can anyone help me?

I'm also having trouble finding the eagle patch, I cannot find a replica, could anyone give me any information on that aswell?

Your help would be very much appreciated! I hope the photo's have uploaded correctly..Need help identifying a helmet!!Need help identifying a helmet!!Need help identifying a helmet!!Need help identifying a helmet!!Need help identifying a helmet!!Need help identifying a helmet!!
    Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying a helmet!!
    P
    Many

?

I can't speak to the authenticity of either piece, but the patch is a Luftwaffe Observer's Badge (Beobachterabzeichen) in cloth.

?

Are you Swedish ?
    just because there is lot of this kind of fakes in Swedish markets now.

The helmet is a fake and im not sure about the backing on the observers patch but im feeling bad as well.

Helmet shell is OK - with the light bead around it is a civilian luftschutz type ( possibly then the liner and strap are original too they used many types )
    That is where it stops - the paint and of course decal are fake and ruined what would have been a reasonable helmet.

The woven backing of the patch is a giveaway of a modern reproduction.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi , this helmet was never an SS originally , the wrong type of steel , liner ,chinstrap etc. Leon.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Sadly as stated, both items are bad.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What a shame! My dad will be upset! He bought them in 1967 from a military emporium in islington, London. Thanks for all help though, you guys really know your stuff!

look on the bright side,in 1967 they did not cost much. and we won't say who sold them will we.

Would the helmet and badge be worth anything at all? I have a few more items to post from the same unnamed emporium, hopefully they are the real deal!