Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Need help identifying unusual Heer Decal

Article about: Any help would be great

Despite my poor attempt at humour, this is what collectors have to contend with these days - aged helmets with fake decals probably all done decades ago but now rusted up enough to fool many. Trawl through the many threads that show original decals and liners and you will learn to pick the duds from the gems.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying unusual Heer Decal
    P
    Many

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Despite my poor attempt at humour, this is what collectors have to contend with these days - aged helmets with fake decals probably all done decades ago but now rusted up enough to fool many. Trawl through the many threads that show original decals and liners and you will learn to pick the duds from the gems.

Cheers, Dan
    nothing wrong with a bit of humour dan with out it we all would go mad ha ha

Nice clear photos too I might add, which make it easier to identify the fake decals. Note how the decals are laid OVER rust bubbles and scratches.

Is the shell original?the stamp looks suspect on the left flange?and there's no centre line on the rim or am i talking c...

The shell is legit I would say, NS6x on the rim looks OK to me for Nickelwerke. ET have a pronounced line in the rim fold, but no so much with other makers.

I got this one over 20 years ago...pre internet,it never felt right but then someone would come along and say its legit...is there anyway of stripping it back to original paint and decals if there are any?? btw i love this forum..you guys have vast amounts of knowledge and are willing to help..so thankyou

Don't strip it, you wont find anything exciting and just make a mess imo. Then there is the liner issue.
    I would leave it as it is as a guide for your future searches ( what to watch for )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

i think this helmet has the same paint on the inside but this type of post war german helmet have poped up from time to time with people asking if there are ww2 dak. this helmet came on a while ago and looks similar on the inside. to your helmet. and one of the member had said they came about in the 80s. or that they were stock that were painted. and never used post war some time.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need help identifying unusual Heer Decal  Need help identifying unusual Heer Decal 

Thanks Andy for clearing that one upI assumed all wartime makers had the centre line running around the rim,as i have an m40 ET shell that would be why i was thinking along those lines get it .........Jake.

?

I too, would leave it as is. As already said, it can be a learning tool.
    Dean.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast