Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet

Article about: I have a german wwII helmet in good condition (personal opinion!), with the name of UFFZ. KAISER and the numbers hk064 and 2709 on the inside brim. I would like to find out what it is worth

smartell
    ?

Default Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet

I have a german wwII helmet in good condition (personal opinion!), with the name of UFFZ. KAISER and the numbers hk064 and 2709 on the inside brim. I would like to find out what it is worth and possibly sell it. My friend's late husband brought it back from overseas many years ago and told her he (Kaiser) was a special person. If anyone has any info or interest, please let me know. Thank you for your time and assistance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet   Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet  

Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet   Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet  

Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet

Hi, the helmet is a single decal M42 Heer (Army) helmet.

The painted inscription bears the soldiers rank and surname. He is not famous to my knowledge.

It appears to be a good original helmet. But a close up on the decal would be useful to see.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi nice m42 helmet which appears to be an se( hkl) manufacture with the m35 like air vents.gut feeling genuine ,but would agree the decal needs more study.

smartell
    ?

Good morning, I am very new at this sort of thing, so please pardon me. I am attaching another picture or two that I hope more clearly shows the decal. Hopefully these will help. My friend has been offered several hundred dollars for the helmet but is afraid to accept if it is worth more. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Sherry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help Please WWII Uffz. Kaiser helmet  

desrtrat6
    ?

It looks like the original owner marked it with his rank and name, Unteroffizier (Non-commissioned officer) Kaiser. This would have been fairly common since most helmets look alike and back then they did not have what we refer to today as helmet bands with our names stitched on them for easy identification.

Hope this helps.

-Tom

?

Quote by smartell View Post
    Good morning, I am very new at this sort of thing, so please pardon me. I am attaching another picture or two that I hope more clearly shows the decal. Hopefully these will help. My friend has been offered several hundred dollars for the helmet but is afraid to accept if it is worth more. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Sherry
    Sherry this is the type of picture that is needed to make any kind of evaluation of the decal. The devil is in the details you see.
    Cheers
    Doug

PS what is several hundred dollars? $300? $500? $700. This is not an expensive helmet you have posted, it wont be worth more than several hundred dollars but there is no way to tell when the background is in focus and the helmet is not.
    Last edited by DougB; 06-11-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Lovely helmet and the story of kasier might be interesting if you find out more and offer it as provinece with the helmet?

CMc
    ?

Maybe the confusion over whether Kaiser was a special person or not stems from the fact that Kaiser was the title of the German Emperor up until the end of the First World War, and your friend's late husband perhaps thought there was some connection between the Kaiser who wore this helmet and 'The Kaiser', Whilhelm II.

Of course that's not necessarily the case, there are lots of people in the UK called 'King' who have no relation to the British crown, but you never know, maybe he actually did know of a special or interesting person called Kaiser who wore this helmet.