Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Need Opinions on this M35

Article about: Hey guys I already posted a thread about this helmet but this one has much better pictures of it. I am looking to get a second opinion on this. Thanks for looking! Poody

Some where I have some pictures of the division 94th taking Ludwigshafen will try to post them. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    When you put a prefix in front of a FP number you do not get a response. I know what the suffixes stand for. I do not know what the L Prefix stands for however.
    Doug 'L' believe stands for Luftwaffe I like the helmet but are you positive on the number? downloaded its difficult but could be a 1 not 9, just a thought.

Eric

?

Quote by Unterstand View Post
    Doug 'L' believe stands for Luftwaffe I like the helmet but are you positive on the number? downloaded its difficult but could be a 1 not 9, just a thought.

Eric
    I think Obkreiger nailed it with a 9 not a 4. I have my glasses on now :-)

As for the L, that must be a military prefix as prefixes arent part of the post system as far as I can tell. Suffixes pointed to the battalion typically. For example D is 4 battalion. Again these were not part of the post system and when prefixes or suffixes are entered it pulls no data.

Dear all,

One consideration: I am astonished about a helmet with camouflage for a Flak unit of the Luftwaffe which seems to be at Germany all the war?

I wish you all Merry Christmas!
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 12-23-2014 at 11:48 PM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    Dear all,

One consideration: I am astonished about a helmet with camouflage for a Flak unit of the Luftwaffe which seems to be at Germany all the war?

I wish you all Merry Christmas!
    alter musketier
    That doesn't surprise me. The helmet might have been camouflaged 10 days before wars end, you never know when it was painted. I doubt it was painted like that Sept 1 1939.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12