Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet

Article about: need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet, my mate in Germany got this one for 15 euro from a firefighter fund raising sale of some kind and send this one as a present to me as he do not coll

Default need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet

need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet, my mate in Germany got this one for 15 euro from a firefighter fund raising sale of some kind and send this one as a present to me as he do not collect militaria, just like to know what you think about this one and is this a war time one or after war, and what you think may under the paint as decals as a bit is shown but i do not know if i should remove the paint or not, im not sure but it is a nice helmet for sure and was a present as well
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet   need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet  

need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet   need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet  

need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet   need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: need oppinion on this M40 Reissue Helmet

It is a wartime helmet, i think you should remove the paint to see if there is any wartime paint underneath it and try to get the decals out in the open-
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Quote by colletorww2 View Post
    It is a wartime helmet, i think you should remove the paint to see if there is any wartime paint underneath it and try to get the decals out in the open-
    ther is a dark greenish under it, i dont wanna destroy anything by wrong use of paint remover, so i have to find a good way to strip the paint

?

Isn't that one of those original German but reissued Czech firefighter/civil defence helmets? There quite a few on sale on Ebay at the moment. €15 Euro is a bargain whatever it is.

I would not attempt to remove the paint. Leave it as it is. The post war black paint tells a story of the helmet's use post war and is part of it's history and is a nice talking point. Taking off the paint will just make it yet another messed with helmet.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I would not attempt to remove the paint. Leave it as it is. The post war black paint tells a story of the helmet's use post war and is part of it's history and is a nice talking point. Taking off the paint will just make it yet another messed with helmet.

Cheers, Ade.
    I second that. It is a nice piece as is. Jim G.

ok i will leave the paint, but still i wonder what decals are under the paint, dose someone know how long after the war where the helmets used

Hi Klinger, these helmets were kept in use during the 1950's and 60's. Perhaps even later in rural local volunteer fire brigades.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Klinger, these helmets were kept in use during the 1950's and 60's. Perhaps even later in rural local volunteer fire brigades.

Cheers, Ade.
    ok thanks ade

I am interested in purchasing one of these helmets. They are the same type that would have been issued to the German troops, but they were just unused at the end of the war so the Czech republic used them as Firefighter helmets...the only difference was that they attached badges on the front which leaves small easily fillable or coverable holes. Is that correct????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast