Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?

Article about: hello everyone, a friend of mine is looking to get rid of some of his military collections and he's got this helmet. To me it looks to be refurbished but i know nothing about these helmets.

Default ***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?

hello everyone, a friend of mine is looking to get rid of some of his military collections and he's got this helmet. To me it looks to be refurbished but i know nothing about these helmets. i know they are different from the M40s and M35s. I just want some of your input. Is it real? Is it refurbished? Anything off about it? I know the liner is wayyyyy too nice to be old and the chinstrap does not look original. Unfortunately these are the only photos I will have of the helmet. I appreciate all of your comments and thanks again!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?   ***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?  

***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?   ***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ***Need some input. RURAL POLICE HELMET!! is it fake?
    P
    Many

Hi, i cannot give a accurate opinion on the decals from these images, but the liner is the correct type for this civic M34. Leon.

Original shell but bad decals, the police decal is a known fake with the pebble background behind swas which is a gaveaway

Appears possibly there were decals prior to the repro decals added. Looks like someone scratched away something, then applied the post war decals. But the helmet itself is original WW2

These helmets are way too common to take a chance when the seller gives you such poor quality pictures. I agree with the above assessments and my 2 cents would be walk away. Jim G.

The decals and splattering of molasses (?) would put me off. There are better examples out there.
    Nick

sorry guys i took these awful photos while it was raining hahaha sorry, but thanks for the input. i feel like its real but its not redone correctly

do you all believe it to be a real helmet though? thats my biggest thing. just looking to add another piece to my little collection, doesnt have to be perfect. My buddy hasnt given me a price yet so any idea what its worth before i spend too much?

Hi Lander.
    Don't know what else to say. The 5 replies you received were from extremely experienced helmet collectors. I think the question has been answered.
    I would not pay more than $100 for this

Quote by real steel View Post
    Hi Lander.
    Don't know what else to say. The 5 replies you received were from extremely experienced helmet collectors. I think the question has been answered.
    I would not pay more than $100 for this
    thanks for the input. i appreciate it. anywhere online i could find some real helmets without breaking the bank too much? Reputable websites? Any websites for looking up fakes? thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast