Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New additions

Article about: I know they're nothing to write home about, but I like them. Got them from a nice gent for a good price. I don't know where they were dug, but I'm sure they would speak volumes if they could

Default New additions

I know they're nothing to write home about, but I like them. Got them from a nice gent for a good price. I don't know where they were dug, but I'm sure they would speak volumes if they could talk. New additionsNew additionsNew additionsNew additions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New additions
    P
    Many

Default Re: New additions

I love these old relics as i have a few no matter what you do in a couple monthes you will have a small pile of debris under it the cancer will not stop. Oil or electro will not stop it but it will slow it down at this point all you can do is keep it in an normal household temp out of high moisture exp laundry room.. Good luck ERIC-Z

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    I love these old relics as i have a few no matter what you do in a couple monthes you will have a small pile of debris under it the cancer will not stop. Oil or electro will not stop it but it will slow it down at this point all you can do is keep it in an normal household temp out of high moisture exp laundry room.. Good luck ERIC-Z
    Wait, what, lol? I have nice helmets, but I love relic ones too. Is there a way that I can preserve them better? I have US Civil War relics that were in the ground for 150+ years and don't shed much.

?

You need to find a rust inhibitor that will not change the colour but will stop the rust and make the rust hard again, auto stores have these but you need to do a test on something as rusty to check for colour change

Quote by davejb View Post
    You need to find a rust inhibitor that will not change the colour but will stop the rust and make the rust hard again, auto stores have these but you need to do a test on something as rusty to check for colour change
    I appreciate your response! They were so cheap, but that doesn't matter. I'm all about preserving history. I just don't wanna ruin history, lol. Anyone know of a specific product? Don't wanna ask the dude at the auto store. Some people just don't understand collecting historical relics.

?

Mate the best thing I got for my relic was a spray on fish oil which sets hard but does not change the colour or appearance. You spray it on and it draws out any reaming moisture and then sets and stabilizes it. I then hit it with a Matt clear varnish and it is solid as, with no shedding

Quote by qotd View Post
    Mate the best thing I got for my relic was a spray on fish oil which sets hard but does not change the colour or appearance. You spray it on and it draws out any reaming moisture and then sets and stabilizes it. I then hit it with a Matt clear varnish and it is solid as, with no shedding
    Thank you, mate! I gotta look into that fish oil.

Doesn't it stink like all hell with the fish oil? I tried that stuff years ago with some car body rust repair and I couldn't stand the stench.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Doesn't it stink like all hell with the fish oil? I tried that stuff years ago with some car body rust repair and I couldn't stand the stench.
    Nah mate, totaly odourless