Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....

Article about: Hello to all, I am a new young collector (23 years old.) I have always been fascinated with the Second world War. I am wanted to take on a new hobby of collecting original period items of th

Default New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....

Hello to all,

I am a new young collector (23 years old.) I have always been fascinated with the Second world War. I am wanted to take on a new hobby of collecting original period items of the Axis Powers. I am a college student who is always short on funds, but am looking for that nice "entry level piece." I have found a M40 Luftwaffe Helmet on Gun Broker that I bid on, but it did not meet reserve. I offered the seller $375 for the helmet and am currently waiting on a reply. My questing to you experts is if it is real or not, and if it is a good entry level piece?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! Below is the link for the helmet, it can be viewed by copy and paste

German M40 Luftwaffe Helmet : WW1 & WW2 Collectibles at GunBroker.com

With Best,

AP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....
    P
    Many

Welcome to WRF , Links can go dead after a while so please post the pictures directly to your topic for future reference .

Default Here are the pics

Here are the pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....   New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....  

New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....   New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....  

New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....   New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....  

New Collector Needs Advice On a M40 SD Luft Helmet.....  

Its what we would call "salty" ... ( but in a good way )
    All looks original to me and not a bad entry level helmet and price ( if the offer is accepted )

Bear in mind that the next level in quality will be double that..

Good luck!
    Regards, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

A shame the chinstrap is missing...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome to the forum, that is a reasonable M40 for the money so I hope you are successful in getting it. Leon.

?

Welcome to the forum.
    It looks like a winner to me, good luck with the buy.
    I rather like the look of it's nicely worn appearance.
    With that lot number of 12230, I even own a stable mate to it, although mine has been cleaned of
    a post war coat of black paint, which has worn the decal somewhat, and has 2 repro rivets in the front.
    It was my first ever WW2 German lid, and I still have it today.

Here is the link if you are interested M40 SD Luftwaffe hkp64

Brad.

Nice looking lid.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The seller will not come off of the $425 mark. Is this a decent price.....I think I am going to agree on the price with him.

MAP
    ?

To me that seems a fair price for a nice solid (but salty - used not abused) lid missing a chin strap.

A good first helmet.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast