MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)

Article about: Hi guys. Here some pics. of my latest finds. ( will post them in seperate threads). First here my new freedom fighter helmet. M35 EF66 Lot number 21474 . In the lot number book by Brian Ice

Default NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)

Hi guys. Here some pics. of my latest finds. ( will post them in seperate threads). First here my new freedom fighter helmet. M35 EF66 Lot number 21474 . In the lot number book by Brian Ice it is listed as a SD Heer. And that is what it is ! As I can see the outlines of a full heer decal under the resistance shield ! The paint on the helmet I don`t know if it was done by the german soldier or by the freedom fighter ? But looks alot like the colour they used in the mediterranean theater. But we will never know ! Let me know what you think ! Another thing we will not know, is who stuck some Felt in between liner and linerband ( front and back) , to make the liner not making any noise when worn ! Just what i think was the reason for doing that ! Again let me know what you think, and if you have seen that before ! Thanks. SF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)   NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)  

NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)   NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)  

NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)   NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)
    P
    Many

Hi guys. Here some pics. of my latest finds. ( will post them in seperate threads). First here my new freedom fighter helmet. M35 EF66 Lot number 21474 . In the lot number book by Brian Ice it is listed as a SD Heer. And that is what it is ! As I can see the outlines of a full heer decal under the resistance shield ! The paint on the helmet I don`t know if it was done by the german soldier or by the freedom fighter ? But looks alot like the colour they used in the mediterranean theater. But we will never know ! Let me know what you think ! Another thing we will not know, is who stuck some Felt in between liner and linerband ( front and back) , to make the liner not making any noise when worn ! Just what i think was the reason for doing that ! Again let me know what you think, and if you have seen that before ! Thanks. SF

?

I've not seen a Danish resistance emblem before so cannot comment on the design but the same seems very fresh with no age or patina for something 70 years old , what was the source of this helmet ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul E. The helmet came from a local picker , that I have known and been buying militaria from for the last 24 years ! It came from a local resistance group some month back ! I got the local name on the area where the group were operating from during the war !! About the paint you can see crazing in the white on the shield ! And the paint on the rim of the helmet is flaking off ! The paint is old that`s for sure ! And maybe the helmet has been stored under the right conditions, that`s why the paint looks so good ! And I know I can trust that picker !! he find`s a lot of nice stuff ! SF

I have seen pics some where of this type of item.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    I have seen pics some where of this type of item.

I found this one!...

Here`s my other german one !! M40 Q66 Lotnumber DN515 . and i have 4 others ! But these are danish helmets (m23 and civil helmets) SF
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)   NEW FINDS. German helmet used by the Danish resistance. ( Freedom fighter)  

Pics. May 45.

?

Neat pictures friend.