Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

new guy

Article about: hi iam new and i hope this works. this helmet i have was bought at a flee market in ohio about 2 years ago. i paid \\$20.00. when i got it home i could see white under the green paint.remove s

Default new guy

hi iam new and i hope this works. this helmet i have was bought at a flee market in ohio about 2 years ago. i paid $20.00. when i got it home i could see white under the green paint.remove some and found the decal.wow my first decaled helmet.thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture new guy   new guy  

new guy  
    Attached Images Attached Images new guy  new guy  new guy 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement new guy
    P
    Many

Default Re: new guy

Welcome to the best forum around!! Looks like you picked yourself up a nice luftwaffe M40 shell. If you can get shot of the rest of the nasty paint your $20.00 is well worth $200.00! Nice find "ol" bean, keep up the good work!! PS,nice dome stamp and chinstrap.

ARGH what a shame about the paint. Be careful when you strip more off. It looks to be an NS manufactured shell am I right?

Welcome by the way

Isn't it a M42 helmet?

its a m42 and you are right it is a ns 64.thanks

I'm sure that used to be a beautiful M42 Luftwaffe helmet. You can probably very carefully strip that paint, and maybe save the helmet. But read up on how to do that before throwing acid and chemicals on the helmet. Still not a bad find for $20. Welcome to the forum.

Quite right, my error,i was so busy looking at the vent and decal i did'nt get as far as the rim!!

I would send this somewhere to have it professionally done.

Regards,
    Corey

cgp1066 is right.

that's a good pick up there. i would not proceed if you've not a lot of experience doing this without very explicit instructions from someone who does.

i am short on the name right now, but you helmet guys would know... there is a member who is well known and quite good at this sort of work. you might at least speak to him.

again... good find!