Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Guy

Article about: Hey guys, New to the forum and collecting. I've been lurking around here and other sites trying to gain as much knowledge about helmets, flags, daggers etc before I make a purchase and get b

Default New Guy

Hey guys,

New to the forum and collecting. I've been lurking around here and other sites trying to gain as much knowledge about helmets, flags, daggers etc before I make a purchase and get burned. My experience has been primarily with firearms from WWII (k98, mg42 etc) and now I would like to expand my collecting into other items from the 3rd Reich. I came across a group of vet bring back items and was wondering if you guys could verify the helmet for me. It's a ET66 lot #2219. The seller claims the helmet is an original HEER M42. The liner is in horrible condition but the decal appears decent. The paint internally looks to be an olive green while the exterior is a darker green/grey? The biggest incentive to buying this helmet is the USGI capture papers that go along with it. Not sure if they are genuine.

Thanks for the help!

New GuyNew Guy

New GuyNew GuyNew GuyNew GuyNew GuyNew GuyNew GuyNew Guy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Guy
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New Guy

A clear photo of the decal would help but looks like a good EF Heer. I'm your neighbor in Desert Ridge, Phx btw!

Quote by DougB View Post
    A clear photo of the decal would help but looks like a good EF Heer. I'm your neighbor in Desert Ridge, Phx btw!
    ????? Moved from the cold north Doug???????
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The certificate looks good. These were commonly made on mimeograph paper as posted. I have a few examples. Now, if this is the helmet mentioned on the certificate is not certain. It may be if you trust the source. I do think it looks like a good SD M42 but will defer to other experts on the site. It is not uncommon to see different paint color and texture on the interior and exterior. Helmets were repainted for re-issue or touched up during war time. NH

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

The Bring back document looks good for Parachute, and Nazi Flag. All the rest appears to be added by another hand . IMO.

Fred

could have been added by the veteran !!

Fred Green
    ?

Most likely added by an unscrupulas dealer to sell something with a capture document!!

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Most likely added by an unscrupulas dealer to sell something with a capture document!!
    I also do not like it,something is not right.
    I would not pay more for a helmet with captured documents just me.
    chris

Hello and welcome! Looks like a good M42 SD. Dark patina on the outside. Not so on the inside. Keep in mind the exterior bore the brunt of the elements: weather, tree branches, rocks, debris etc., so it's not uncommon for the exterior paint to be a different (usually darker) shade than the interior. A tip for future pictures, try using the macro (little flower) symbol on the digital camera and try for outdoors photos on a nice day. That will eliminate the need for a flash, which never helps anyway.

My thought on the document, why would the first two items be written in cursive and the rest in print. Don't make sense.

Happy hunting!

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    ????? Moved from the cold north Doug???????
    Smart Canadians have a snowbird home somewhere warm. Ours is in Phoenix. :-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast