Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

New here. Just picked up my first helmet M35 Police. Thoughts?

Article about: Good grief Steve, We're on the same page.

Default Re: New here. Just picked up my first helmet M35 Police. Thoughts?

You can pick up a set of original liner pins and washers easily. Ken Niewiarowicz usually has some available on his site. If you do, have someone familiar with helmets put them in so it is done right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    You can pick up a set of original liner pins and washers easily. Ken Niewiarowicz usually has some available on his site. If you do, have someone familiar with helmets put them in so it is done right.
    Thanks for the info as I would like to put pins in to retain the liner. Would a set of original pins, although not original to the helmet, affect the value?

So is this an original shell with original decals? Is the liner original to this helmet? Sorry for so may questions. I am just trying to find out what I have here.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    The 'domestamp' is oval and ink stamped on the 'crown' or top
    inside the lid. The liner is made up of two metal hoops or
    frames - Is one of these missing ?
    To be honest, at first I thought I read "dome strap" (which I saw that there wasn't one) and it never occured to me that you meant dome stamp! My apologies. This helmet does have one although it is hard to make out and very faint. Here is a picture.

-Matt

Original shell and decals , original liner and chinstrap but I feel they don't originally belong together. Nice Polizei though.

I wouldn't recommend putting it together with new pins , I would just display it without the liner in it.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Original shell and decals , original liner and chinstrap but I feel they don't originally belong together. Nice Polizei though.

I wouldn't recommend putting it together with new pins , I would just display it without the liner in it.
    Good eye Frank, the chin strap is dated 1937, but the liner has rounded bales. Jim G.

?

I would replace the pins with original ones. There is nothing to indicate that the liner isn't original to the helmet.
    Try this site:

Home

I do not know why it says home but it is Ken Niewiarowice's site. It has his contact information listed you can ask him about split pins. Click on it.
    SteveR
    Last edited by SteveR; 04-29-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Great start and good looking helmet mate.
    Congrats.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Thanks for the input guys. It seems as though the members here are divided on whether or not this is the original liner and strap to the helmet. If this had original pins holding the liner to the helmet, would there still be a question as to the authenticity of the liner to the helmet?

-Matt

Matt,

Truely there is no way to know definately if a liner and band came from a particular helmet. The only way we can have a general idea is to know the date of the band and if it falls within the prod. # and model of the shell. A re-issue may have a mismatched combo but in general it will be close or more correct.

Missing pins even if the band fits will always raise questions.

rgds, Tyrone

Quote by fast67vellen2o View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. It seems as though the members here are divided on whether or not this is the original liner and strap to the helmet. If this had original pins holding the liner to the helmet, would there still be a question as to the authenticity of the liner to the helmet?

-Matt
    There will always be a question as to the liner being original to this lid...........!

Even if you were to install the liner with original pins, to a knowledgeable
    helmet guy it will be obvious that the liner was replaced/removed
    at some point.

BTW: There should be a date and maker on the liner band.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast