Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New m40 helmet, its in ok shape. does it look ok ?

Article about: I just picked this up today for 200 bucks. Its in rough shape, well not to bad but I figured it wasn't a bad deal. What is this staining on there? When I physically get this helmet Ill clean

Good score, a battlefield pickup no doubt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New m40 helmet, its in ok shape.  does it look ok ?
    P
    Many

Proud to hear that the helmet worked out, good score.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

thank you. Im sorry the pictures where backwards, I just noticed that. I think it's a very unique piece and much more personal in person

?

Nice pick up.
    Looks like a china ink ( due to the shine and color ) with goose plume pen( or similar in iron ), for the name writting.

How do you know this? You guys surprise me sometimes

?

Well, i do ( long time ago ) french art school during 6 years, use all pens, inks, papers as possible.
    And the china ink got a special shine very glossy and very similar to ink pens. But large ink markers are too young for an old helmet.
    The china ink is permanent and very water/light resistant. If you want to keep same sharp writting and not diluted due to sweat, water or other humididy damage, the only way is this kind of ink.
    For the goose plume pen, very large, you can use a "calame", better in bamboo but you can use goose plume.

edit, look the down of the H and the up of the Z, same size and same sharp, typical to this technic and very typical of the period writting due to angle.

?

Quote by remss View Post
    Well, i do ( long time ago ) french art school during 6 years, use all pens, inks, papers as possible.
    And the china ink got a special shine very glossy and very similar to ink pens. But large ink markers are too young for an old helmet.
    The china ink is permanent and very water/light resistant. If you want to keep same sharp writting and not diluted due to sweat, water or other humididy damage, the only way is this kind of ink.
    For the goose plume pen, very large, you can use a "calame", better in bamboo but you can use goose plume.

edit, look the down of the H and the up of the Z, same size and same sharp, typical to this technic and very typical of the period writting due to angle.
    This Forum is the place to be !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Excellent helmet, great to see the naming is paint/ink and not marker. All in all a very evocative piece of battlefield history. Leon.

It makes sense why they would use china ink which I never heard off. Im surprise you don't see much more german helmet's with china ink inscribed names on the helmets since it would be ideal for the climate and such. Thanks again for solving the mystery on the name.

Thank you

at least we know it's not permanent marker, Wish I could make out the G.I's name and serial number.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast