Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New member, help with Luftschutz Helmet?

Article about: Hi everyone, My first post! My name is Ryan from the land down under. Very new to collecting and was about to buy my first helmet and thought I'd post it here for your feedback if that's coo

Default New member, help with Luftschutz Helmet?

Hi everyone,

My first post! My name is Ryan from the land down under. Very new to collecting and was about to buy my first helmet and thought I'd post it here for your feedback if that's cool. I understand from other comments on this site that these helmets are quite common and my initial thoughts are that this is genuine. Any comments gratefully appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New member, help with Luftschutz Helmet?   New member, help with Luftschutz Helmet?  

New member, help with Luftschutz Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New member, help with Luftschutz Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New member, help with Luftschutz Helmet?

welcome to the forum Ryan

could you please provide picture so that the members here can help answer your question

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forum! The pics are showing ok now.

The helmet is original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That was easy. Thanks Ade!

Hi Retro,
    Make sure you not paying too much for it.It looks a little rough.
    These are quite easy to get and the prices are reasonably low for them,so dont jump too soon
    The decal looks good though.
    and Welcome Mate
    Cheers Mick

?

Welcome mate,

The lids had a rough life, but it's a nice unmucked with helmet...probaly about 150 bucks worth there

Thanks Mick. He was aking $475 then knocked it down to $300. From other comments here even $300 is too high so may just wait a bit. Thanks again, Ryan.

?

Welcome to the forum Ryan,

Firstly, regarding the helmet, one can only concur with the comments above. From the images, the helmet appears to be a worn Luftschutz lid. She's seen better days, but she would still display well. Unfortunately, that price is too high in my opinion. I'd hold out for a better example, they are out there.

Regards,

Carl

p.s. You deserve praise for using the forum, to post your potential purchase before you bought it/made an offer. So many new collectors fall into the trap of buying before receiving confirmation. Its good to see somebody do it the right way, well done!

Thanks everyone for your help and kind words!

?

Mate you can get a pretty nice example for the money he is asking....is he an Aussie dealer?

One thing you will learn quick is that stuff costs more if you buy it from a dealer in Australia!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast