Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New reference site Launch : German Helmet Vault

Article about: Hello everyone , * Today I launched my reference website I have been working on since October 2016. The website is of course about German helmets , both combat and civic helmets. I will add

Default New reference site Launch : German Helmet Vault

Hello everyone ,
    Today I launched my reference website I have been working on since October 2016.
    The website is of course about German helmets , both combat and civic helmets. I will add FJ helmets in phase 2 as I do not collect these myself.
    The website covers the basics , fakes , camo's and decals and many more topics.
    I have added a blog as well that you can follow if you so choose. It will be used to express my views on things happening in the collecting world or to just notify the followers of site updates.
    A project of this magnitude is never 100% complete so things will be added regularly. In fact I even have list of things I forgot since I made the site public earlier today*:-)
    Many members have contributed to the site and I owe them a big thanks and if some would pass by the Ciney fair end of April I will buy you a beer ! The contributors are listed on the Acknowledgement page.
    Feel free to check the site out and let me know what you think.
    URL : https://germanhelmetvault.com/
    Frank

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New reference site Launch : German Helmet Vault
    P
    Many

?

Great idea Frank
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Great site with some fantastic pictures and information

?

This is a very useful site, especially the fake decals section! Some rare birds on those helmets. I really like the civic helmets. I will definitely use your site, thank you!
    One request; could you go more indepth on what the actual differences are between the fake and real decals? I especially miss this part in the luftwaffe eagle decals. Would love to see this site develop as time goes on.

Regards,
    Bas

Looks very promising. Your photos are excellent.

Hello Frank, good to hear from you, your site is a fine work my friend. Excellent images to compliment the "known facts" on the helmets of all service branches. Well done, Leon.

Quote by Gimmie View Post
    This is a very useful site, especially the fake decals section! Some rare birds on those helmets. I really like the civic helmets. I will definitely use your site, thank you!
    One request; could you go more indepth on what the actual differences are between the fake and real decals? I especially miss this part in the luftwaffe eagle decals. Would love to see this site develop as time goes on.

Regards,
    Bas
    Hello Bas , thank you. I realize the Luftwaffe decals are a hurdle for many collectors however I consciously don't do side by side comparisons with arrows pointing to the differences as that would be too much info for the fakers to correct their decals. The flaws in them are a big aid to us collectors.
    I would say put any fake next to any one original and look at the claws holding the swastika and the head. These are the two areas that kill all fakes. Spotting the difference yourself will also train your eyes.

Thanks for checking it out guys , there is more to come. I will write a page on looking at decals with the USB microscope , and I need to post an ultra rare blue colored Luftwaffe decalled helmet with net even !

I like it! Though it wouldnt be bad to mention the qvl makers mark. Also mentioning the steel differences between the M35-42 models wouldnt be bad? But still; this is an awesome site and thanks for taking your time to make it.

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    I like it! Though it wouldnt be bad to mention the qvl makers mark. Also mentioning the steel differences between the M35-42 models wouldnt be bad? But still; this is an awesome site and thanks for taking your time to make it.
    Yes the QVL are on my list to add and in the meantime I have several topics in mind to expand the site with.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback , make sure to subscribe to my blog to receive updates and articles on what's going on.

Finished doing some major updates.
    The QVL has been added to the makers list and a some nice and rare helmets have been added. SS , Heer , civic styles.
    I updated the models and makers page with dome stamps , added a few original chinstraps and added to the helmet liners page.

I also wrote an article where I talk about snow and red cross camo's.

More coming soon.

German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast