Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Newly acquired M35

Article about: The last time a posted a new purchase, the forum folks unanimously declared it a fake and I was able to get my money back.......thanks. I just made another purchase and hope this M35 is legi

Default Re: Newly acquired M35

Very nice M35!

Just a few words of wisdom though, don't buy a helmet if you aren't sure about it until you have it checked out by the members of the forum. Next time you buy a fake, you may not be so lucky!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newly acquired M35
    P
    Many

Quote by Pablo View Post
    How would one carefully resurrect a painted-over decal (assuming it exists)? Or should that even be considered?
    Why would you want to resurrect the decal for Christ sakes. I saw a guy seriously screw up a painted over SS shield that way , takes the history from the helmet and puts it in the screwed with category for the rest of its time on earth. Not to mention that you can always tell that a decal is liberated.

It was done for camouflage purposes and as a collector you should preserve it like it is.

The chinstrap looks in WAY better condition than the liner, a replacement strap perhaps?

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    The chinstrap looks in WAY better condition than the liner, a replacement strap perhaps?
    Yeh I do agree, the liner has certainly copped its fair degree of damage, it could be a period replacement, or a post war one, I am leaning toward period, but it has hard to ignore the damage to the liner, and not have a similarly damaged chin strap...maybe it was stored in such a way the chistrap survived....though overall this is a nice original shell, with the original liner to the helmet. I agree the chicstrap is in better nck but doesnt detract from the overall helmet..... well spotted

As everyone else has said, dont touch it. Leave the decal be. Wouldnt want people questioning a good solid helmet as a fake because you would like the decal exposed.

Tis a nice lid though, I would be chuffed to have it in my collection

?

Thanks! The decal will remain in its resting place, although an MRI would be interesting. What is the approximate value.......I do not want to sell it, but would feel better knowing that I did not get ripped off.

I would imagine around $350

It is beautiful just as it is. I would leave alone. As Doug said, liberating the decal destroys the history. The decal was painted over for combat use, this one is a true combat vet! Nice helmet. Jim G.

?

very nice and as others have said just leave it as is , rgds Dave

Yeah I would agree with approx $350. Nice combat vet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2