Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100

Article about: I finally got a new helmet Here we have another Ebay find from a collector in Australia. Just a nice re issue Quist M40. Has a lot number of 100 and is a good size 68. Typical dark grey roug

Default Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100

I finally got a new helmet

Here we have another Ebay find from a collector in Australia. Just a nice re issue Quist M40. Has a lot number of 100 and is a good size 68. Typical dark grey rough finish paint with a nice patina and I love the wear on the left hand side. Mandatory random small white paint spots to, which is a good sign, lol

On the inside we have a big 9 finger liner which has been spliced. Leather is not in the best of states but soft for the most part, harder around the stain. Nice drawstring to but not sure if original,will stay on either way. Cant see the date on the liner band but all 3 pins are original with washers. Nice paint run on the inner rim to.

Overall its not a show stopper but a nice clean original and the first to fit my head! Hope you enjoy the pics

Jason
    Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100
    P
    Many

Default Re: Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100

Good find,especially from fakebay!! Always amazes me how many ex-soldiers used to re-paint their ceilings whilst wearing old kit!!(HaHa) Leon.

Beaudy Jase! ...... been a while between ( helmet ) drinks but a nice catch.
    Seeing as you love themes / montages / militaria dioramas, what other items will this one share the cabinet space with?

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Many thanks Dan, it has been awhile since a good helmet but this one fit the bill nicely. As far as a grouping, I am cooking something and this will be part of it I think. Once my gas can gets here anyways.......

I actually bought some other parts for this display I am thinking about at the first military show in WA, got some great relic parts from an MG42, the biggest being the half of the barrel jacket and flash suppressor. Also get a Dp28 Mag for my soviet group....

Jason

Gas can eh? ....... watch them, they are quite addictive ( but take up so much room ) ...

lol, I have 2 (the flak camo set and the named can) this will be No.3 but if it ever arrives it will be right up there with the best of them! This grouping might feature some of my panzer insignia to

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    lol, I have 2 (the flak camo set and the named can) this will be No.3 but if it ever arrives it will be right up there with the best of them! This grouping might feature some of my panzer insignia to
    Oh, sorry, thought you meant gas as in jerrycan ..... now I understand!!! .... nah, buy as many as you like, they're great and DON'T take up too much space. Jerrycans on the other hand ..........
    Cheer, Dan

Actually a Jerry can would be good, postage is not though. I was looking at one a month ago but moved on something else that cost heaps in postage, but again I will keep that a secret for the time being

Here you go Dan, the relic MG42 parts

Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100Nice M40 Re issue - Q68 LotNbr 100

?

Interesting items shown!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast