Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?

Article about: Had this one forever - a large size no nonsense Austrian transitional complete with a zinc/steel banded M31 size 66 liner/chinstrap assembly. The grey paint is about 98% intact. Is it a no d

Default No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?

Had this one forever - a large size no nonsense Austrian transitional complete with a zinc/steel banded M31 size 66 liner/chinstrap assembly. The grey paint is about 98% intact. Is it a no decal Luftwaffe helmet? Or is it SS? The last few pictures are of my no decal SS helmet that is neck stamped “Kdtr KLS 13”, indicting that that that helmet was used at the Sachsenhausen concentration camp. The color of the paint on both helmets is nearly identical. SS or Luft? You make the call. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?   No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?  

No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?   No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?  

No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?   No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?  

No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement No Decal Austrian Transitional Helmet - SS?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A nice honest looking helmet Jim. Your guess is as good has mine on the branch of service
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well okay then Mike - DEFINITELY SS!!!! LOL Jim G.

Two great helmets Jim! Superb condition. If we imagine that the lighter coloured one has darkened over the years then perhaps Luft? No marking inside the liner of the first one?

Thanks for showing.
    Andy

Wish there was a way to tell Jim , they are great helmets to have.
    May I suggest to use two light sources for your photos , it will take away the one dark side.