Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet

Article about: About 12 years ago I answered the phone and the caller (Al B.) told me he had an interesting helmet for me, something I for which had been searching for years - a Political Leaders helmet -

Default No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet

About 12 years ago I answered the phone and the caller (Al B.) told me he had an interesting helmet for me, something I for which had been searching for years - a Political Leaders helmet - but he cautioned me not to be overly excited. He came over later that evening with the item. When he pulled out this beaded no decal M40, an EF64 shell with an unreadable 2 digit lot number, I confess I was a bit disappointed, but in an instant that emotion turned to excitement and I bought it immediately. The paint clearly is period applied, and the Luftschutz decal is readily apparent underneath. The color is one of the colors that is seen on decaled examples. I never thought I would be lucky enough to find a decaled Political Leaders, and for the next decade I was content. I lucked into a 3 piece example last year (it is in the last several pictures below), and obviously the color is a little different, but as we know, there were several shades apple to these helmets. This one is complete with a very clean interior, with one of those white oil clothe liners seen in many M40 Luftschutz helmets that shows some wear, and a shortened chinstrap. There are initials on one of the pads, but no other identifying marks. As Al said, an interesting piece. Some might question whether it was in fact a Political Leader's helmet, but I, for one, am convinced. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet   No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet  

No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet   No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet  

No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet   No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet  

No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet  
    Last edited by helmet2id; 08-29-2015 at 03:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement No Decal Beaded M40 Political Leaders Helmet
    P
    Many

very nice helmet
    chris

Hi Jim, I think you are "bang on"! The shade of paint is the same as known decaled political helmets. The wear looks sound, no sign of artificial ageing at all. It may sound strange, but the thickness of the paint also gives me a good feeling as most political helmets seem to be a bit "clunky"! The "crazing" over the Luftschutz decal has really come over well, for me, it is a one look original ( if unusual variant) Political helmet. Leon.

convinced me.

?

Looks like you have a good one friend.