MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a Normandy camo helmet?

Article about: I thought I'd post this in a separate thread as the other was misleadingly named and not solely concerned with the particular issue in hand. I bought this helmet from a man who bought it fro

?

Default Is this a Normandy camo helmet?

I thought I'd post this in a separate thread as the other was misleadingly named and not solely concerned with the particular issue in hand. I bought this helmet from a man who bought it from a Normandy farmer as simply a helmet shell, no other description given; it's an M35 DD, not sure which division. However, on close inspection, I've noticed that the exterior colour of green paint surviving contrasts with the interior apple green; it is much darker and more matt. I at first thought that the decal was worn away but on closer inspection, it is covered by the paint, suggesting it was painted again after initial issue. Additionally, around the air vent and on other parts of the helmet is present a different paint hue, an orangey brown, as is seen on other camo helmets; this is not simple discolouration due to rust, as the rust itself is minimal, not to mention a different colour. The paint itself is mixed with stones and pieces of twig, suggesting a field job, to reduce reflectivity. If anyone could give me a better understanding of this helmet's chances of being camouflaged, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Robbie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a Normandy camo helmet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is this a Normandy camo helmet?

Could you post a picture of the entire helmet in full view?

Regards, Corey

?

Certainly; here are the original pictures from the seller, and the helmet as it is now.

Thanks!
    Robbie

Natural sunlight if possible.

I would say that it's just a rusty old DD M35. It looks nice nonetheless.

Looks more like rust. If the decal was painted over some of the detail would still show I would think.

?

I know what you mean, I thought the same; but it definitely has the remains of greenish paint, which stretch over the decal, and are ever so slightly proud of the surface. Here are more pictures:

I don't know about this one guys. Am I the only one that is skeptical of the right side decal? I don't like it.

Regards, Corey

What it is, is a relic.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I agree, relic. I don't see any signs of Camo paint. I think what you see is rust from the elements. The decals have aged, faded and lost their detail. The paint is rusted eith a few spots remaining. You have a nice relic lid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast