Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )

Article about: Hello Guys first of all, just want to wish y'all an Happy new year !! what do you think of these Normandy Camo helmets ? the camo looks good to me for all 3 , but i want to hear your opinion

Default Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )

Hello Guys

first of all, just want to wish y'all an Happy new year !!
    what do you think of these Normandy Camo helmets ? the camo looks good to me for all 3 , but i want to hear your opinion and knowledge on this matter...
    The liner on the second helmet have been replace , what about the decal ?
    Third one is a LW ?

Thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )   Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )  

Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )   Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )
    P
    Many

Default Second one

Second One....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )   Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )  

Default Third One

Third one .. LW ?

Normandy Camo Helmets ( real camo ? )  

?

I can't say that I am fond of the wear patterns on any of the three.
    Regards,
    John

Not for me!...

Hi guys at work and a bit bored so looking through threads, not a helmet guys at all and dont know dick about them. just looking at these with interest if they are bad could someone explain or PM me why so I can maybe learn a wee bit, looking at the close up pics of these I would have said they are good but like I said not a helmet guys and know nowt about them but looking forward to learning a bit
    Ben

?

The first and third look like painted over relics, the 2nd is manmade wear patterns.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The first and third look like painted over relics, the 2nd is manmade wear patterns.
    See Doug, told you I dont know shit about helmets lol
    Ben

?

Glad to be of service Ben!

Note on the first two paint inside the pitted areas of the helmet, lack of natural wear.
    The second look at the wear patterns, and you soon see patterned wear, ie manmade damage to the paint, and an amateurish effort at that!

With camos don't look at the paint, look at the wear. Especially to the vents, pins, around the pins, leading edges, the top of the dome, and where the curve of the skirt meets the dome. Look for wear patterns, matching damage in length and width, repetitive wear. These are all signs to train the eye in what to look for.

I will go and look at a few Doug see if I can apply what you have given
    Ben

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast