Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Normandy camo... how about this one?

Article about: well i was planning on trading him a perfect fixed bail m1, a minesweeper badge, and \\$425.

?

Default Re: Normandy camo... how about this one?

Its not one i would like in my collection, i too think it has the look of a fake camo,the wear and it just has that look of postwar jobs that are always on ebay, but thats just my opinion, heres a couple of pics of mine ,rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy camo... how about this one?   Normandy camo... how about this one?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy camo... how about this one?
    P
    Many

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    imagine that, a 17 year old kid with a normandy camo for a 2nd helmet. i cant wait.
    Hello,
    Collecting is not about racing my young friend (don't worry, i'm not condescending here)....better learn hard and wait a bit more than be very disapointed and lose money. At least you learned that it's better to post items here prior to purchase them rather than do the opposite...that's a good beginning...

At the age of 10 years old, an ex-friend of mine has inherited between 280 and 300 pieces of WWI german headgear in astonishing condition....his great grandfather was a medic during the war and his "passion" was to collect helmets each day from the battlefield...

I don't like this helmet either...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hard to say, all is in same condtition and for me the leather had been treated, I see marks on the leather, to make it older?

very fine luft camo there scrooge....

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    Its not one i would like in my collection, i too think it has the look of a fake camo,the wear and it just has that look of postwar jobs that are always on ebay, but thats just my opinion, heres a couple of pics of mine ,rgds Dave
    sweet helmet that dave, now you can see a big diffrence to the cammo that started the thread!!

cheers for showing your one looker mate!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    My advice is to have a look at the excellent faked camos in the pinned thread at the top of the forum.

I am not convinced by this example and I am concerned this is a high end fake.

Cheers, Ade.
    what in particular about it concerns you exactly?

i may be younger but ive done my fair share of reading and ive handled plenty of original examples. i have the knowledge of an advanced collector, just not the money : /

i think it's good personally, but for those of you who dont like it, please explain why or i wont learn anything.
    Last edited by ObKrieger; 07-24-2010 at 07:32 PM.

My advice to you would be to take it to someone you know who really knows about German helmets. It is always better to examine an item 'in the flesh' rather than just rely on photographic evidence. I certainly am no expert on helmets, but it did look ok to me in the pictures. So it just shows how much I know!

harry me aswell, look at this way wouldnt a helmet that went through ww2 and normandy have a little more battle scars? aswell as even some postwar storage marks? the look it has now it would more or less need to have been painted in battle then never touched to look like that, the close up of the paint had me to start with and thats why i comented to start with, daves is how an original should look.
    Last edited by HJ-Collector; 07-24-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: typo

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    i have the knowledge of an advanced collector, just not the money
    That is one hell of a statement there. If you have that kind of knowledge, then you don't need opinions.

I would have thought you would have given them out?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    That is one hell of a statement there. If you have that kind of knowledge, then you don't need opinions.

I would have thought you would have given them out?
    Agreed, in this sort of hobby experience comes with age. Theres always more experience to be gained and things to be learned no matter how old you are, however someone can only learn so much in a certain amount of time. If a 20 year old and a 40 year old both started collecting helmets when they were 12, obviously the 40 year old is going to have more knowledge. Hopefully that makes sense

Thanks

Danny

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast