MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Normandy chicken wire helmet

Article about: Any chance at getting a liner pic? Is there a leather liner in it? Cheers! Rob

Default Re: Normandy chicken wire helmet

by looking on helmet interior surface it,s makes me wonder that it,s been laying long time without POTATO BAG on it.for me it looks like somebody did that long after war.reason can be enything-playing,making look it bether,somebodys memories what they seen during war etc.Sorry-just my opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy chicken wire helmet
    P
    Many

I have to say that I am also feeling that way....just my opinion too and it would help to have helmet in hand...but given the rust and the lack of a liner - it would be easy to add this afterwards....If there is no liner and if the liner band is removed - the split pins should be "floating around" underneath the cover - no? Looks like the helmet rusted "under" the cover.

Rob

?

Chris, are the liner pins still underneath the hessian cover

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    haha maybe that would help

so did you leave any barns empty for me chris? lol
    Sure did got alot more stuff there to be find.

Quote by davejb View Post
    Chris, are the liner pins still underneath the hessian cover
    The liner band and the pins are still there.

Hi guys I know you are trying to see if this helmet is real and it is.The farmer who give it to me was also a friend of my .He did not have any interrest in ww2 Artifacts.So 100% original item .Thank you for all the interrest in it.

can you please make some more pics of interior? on only interior pic i can,t see-:i can,t see what i expect to see,when metal surface almost lost it,s color(i,m sure for that reaction what i see there-helmet i believe been laying long time in wet place or just under sky),but not eny chemical reaction traces on so caled POTATO BAG in the very small interior area i can see.also there is other details wich could be discussed,but i think it,s not so important.More important is that :YOU LIKE IT!!

why would anyone aDD ALL THIS STUFF LATER IF THEY FOUND IN ON THEIR LAND AND GAVE IT AWAY AS A GIFT AS THE FARMER WOULD SAY JE NES COMPREND PAS apologies ofr caps lol but imagine its sat in a hayloft on a wooden plinth upside down for so long and the rain water seeps in filling it partially affecting the metalwork whilst the rest remanin relatively dry and you see where in going the decay would be minimalised on the hessian " so called potato bag" iv seen a lot of posts by chris and never once have i noticed anything untowards or peculiar he is merely dispalying a gift from his freins in france please enjoy the kind geasture of him posting it hes not trying to profit from it nor was the farmer

I don't think we're trying to put him down or anything...don't get us wrong....I personally don't feel comfortable about it....that's just me. Doesn't mean anything. It's just my 2 cents. I have to say though - you need to be careful: always buy the item - not the story. I learned the hard way when I first got into collecting militaria!
    If it was gift: no harm no foul! I never mentioned anything about anyone wanting to profit from this helmet....I'm just being analytical, not hypothetical.....

Cheers!
    Rob

I really did not think I was going to get so much feedback.Thank you to all of you guys this is what make this forum fun and great.Great stuff guys.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast