Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ? REAL ?

Article about: Hi guys, a european friend of mine has spotted on eBay.com (I guess) a german camoflaged german helmet from "Normandy" battle. WILL END TODAY- 2 HOURS LEFT ! The listing title : &q

Default Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ? REAL ?

Hi guys,

a european friend of mine has spotted on eBay.com (I guess) a german camoflaged german helmet from "Normandy" battle.
    WILL END TODAY- 2 HOURS LEFT !

The listing title : "ww2 M40 helmet, captured at Normandy"

Description :
    "For sale, a German M40 Stahlhelm that was captured during the Normandy invasion by American Troops of the V Corps, with provenance.

This helmet was at one time part of the 3rd Armor Division Museum Collection in Frankfurt, Germany before it was sold when the base closed. The helmet and all components are original, the letter of sale, with archive embossment seal will be included with the winning bid.
    The helmet has no cracks or rust, the paint is worn from use and age as in the leather. This has been through numerous battles and is over 70 years old, there are no huge dents, however, there are some small dings at the crown of the helmet of it. The size stamp is marked Q68. The soldiers name and serial number are visible, there are some markings that I am not familiar with and can not identify. The Ink stamp is not a maker's mark, it is a U.S. Army Inspector's stamp authorizing the helmet as a war trophy, I can not make out the I.D. number, overall, this is very good shape considering the age, the reason being the majority of the time it was kept in display conditions.
    This is a rare collectors items and there are only a few that will have provenance and value as this one does. This is a true original and will make a great addition to a WW2 collection of historical significance. Please view pictures and research the subject thoroughly before making bid or comments. Thank you

On Jun-05-17 at 18:17:08 PDT, seller added the following information:
    Please view photographs carefully and bid accordingly."

New information is surprising. The seller is not very sure of this helmet ?
    I ask someone who has >30 german helmets :
    Could be field repaired, white camo ?! doesn't like buckle and markings. To be frank, he told me : not for me !!

I don't give much for it myself.
    But I want to help my buddy so he will appreciate your input.

Check these pictures by yourselves :
    Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ?  REAL  ?Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ?  REAL  ?Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ?  REAL  ?

I have not seller's alias but I can ask.

Thx

Paddy75

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ?  REAL  ?
    P
    Many

I think the Normandy connection is total garbage and the vents look very strange to me!...

Got seller's ebay.com alias : american_dough_boy

Its dreadful, the shell is not even original.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I think the Normandy connection is total garbage and the vents look very strange to me!...
    Agreed. Vent's holes... May be repairs ? But the leather liner is intact, and no more rivets on it !
    Paint seems to be black or what ?

I saw this as well in craigslist though...he is in Virginia. I texted him, he has 4 total helmets for sale all with the same bogus looking "provenance" document...

Craigslist Link!

Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ?  REAL  ?

Quote by Cessna77 View Post
    I saw this as well in craigslist though...he is in Virginia. I texted him, he has 4 total helmets for sale all with the same bogus looking "provenance" document...

Craigslist Link!

Ok he is done. I listed a 2nd rangers M1 helmet same alias :
    URGENT fake alert : US m1 helmet 2nd rangers

Does he have a poor reputation ? (example would be appreciated, he has 100 % positive feedbacks)
    Many alias on ebay ?

Craigslist Link!

Ok he is done. I listed a 2nd rangers M1 helmet from him...
    URGENT fake alert : US m1 helmet 2nd rangers

He has 100 % positive feedbacks !!

- - ------- - -

Craigslist Link!

Ok he is done. I listed a 2nd rangers M1 helmet from him...
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/helmets/urgent-fake-alert-us-m1-helmet-2nd-rangers-674833/

He has 100 % positive feedbacks !!

Should we mess with him?

Craigslist Link!

Ok he is done. I listed a 2nd rangers M1 helmet from him, in US helmets category (link doesn't work : (

He has 100 % positive feedbacks !! Lucky guy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast