Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Normandy helmet legit?

Article about: Hi, I "talked" to the owner of the shop yesterday. The wire helmet was found directly out of a barn in Normandy - the wire on this helmet haven't been faked! Seller also mentioned

Default Normandy helmet legit?

Hi, after advice from here ill stay away from WW1 helmets for a bit, for a long time this normandy helmet has been on sale and for a long time i've always wanted it as the wire ones seem to be very hard to find. Is it actually 100% legit? Im a bit puzzled as to why this is on sale for the length it has...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy helmet legit?   Normandy helmet legit?  

Normandy helmet legit?   Normandy helmet legit?  

Normandy helmet legit?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy helmet legit?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Normandy helmet legit?

The rust look a bit new to me, but people with more expertise will give you a more academic answer

Faaar from being an expert on helmets but i have doubts about this, the corrosion on the inner and outer surface look very different, it looks to me that the outer shell has been artificially aged.

damn really didn't want to hear that lol.

description:

WW2 GERMAN M43 HELMET WITH NORMANDIE APPLIED WIRE FOR CAMO, EXACTLY TO TEXT BOOK EXAMPLES LOVELY PATINA, SLIGHT TRACES OF SINGLE DECAL, YES POSSIBLY SS!. THESE ARE NOW GETTING VERY HARD TO FIND THESE DAYS, WOULD COMPLETE ANY COLLECTION.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Faaar from being an expert on helmets but i have doubts about this, the corrosion on the inner and outer surface look very different, it looks to me that the outer shell has been artificially aged.
    Exactly what i thought, the rust and ageing just doesnt sit right.

I'd pass on it as i reckon it's just a relic shell that's been "sexed up", i looked pretty hard and couldn't see any traces of a decal either.

I dont' mess with wire helmets, but there is probably a reason is has not sold. Red rust along the wire, etc. I think it is old wire placed on the helmet and sat outside for a while to age it. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it.

Someone told you to stay away from WWI helmets, so you move on to wire. Your a one upper, aren't you.

lol what about this one from the same site? after this one but I need thoughts

WW2 GERMAN LUFTWAFFE M42 HELMET
    With no liner, still with Luftwaffe grey paint and very nice patina, shock damaged on top hence no liner..... these were used by the French farmers after the war for chicken feeders, hanging baskets etc etc, becoming hard to find these days and very sought after.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy helmet legit?   Normandy helmet legit?  

Normandy helmet legit?  

Another relic shell. Looks like it's been treated with some sort of coating. Are you looking for a relic helmet?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast